2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After advice from someone that has fitted a sat nav, I have managed to get all the parts eg wiring loom, DVD drive, Bluetooth module ect

Has anyone tried this? is it just a case of a straight swap with the wiring loom then all the part plug and play as I have read a few threads that say cutting is required?

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks Phil

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Ash on here (a.roden) retro fitted his. Might be worthing asking his advice if you come across any problems.

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice, does anyone know about the microphone wiring? Read a few places that I'll need the wiring loom for that as well? I have the centre map light with the microphone in but not sure if it will just connect straight to the wiring already there or will I need to change that as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So take it nobody knows if the microphone wiring looms are the same for sat nav / non sat nav models?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sat nav retrofit

Ok folks, thought I'd attempt the sat nav switch this weekend, thought that I'd done my research and had everything, was all going well got everythng removed and the whole dash out within few hours, started working in removing the wiring loom, at that point I notice a few differences in the wiring, got it out with a bit of wiggling, when trying to install the new one it was way differant! Attempted a trial run to test but screen came on and had the Honda navigation logo, then language selection but stopped there, but the LOADS of dash waring lights can on like VSA warning, airbag wRing and others and car would not even start, panic set in so I took the loom out andput the car back together, on looking a bit more in to it I had the wrong loom, hopefully I have the Wright one coming, at least I know how to take the dashboard out now :facepalm:

I have a few pics of the car with the dash out if anyone wants them and I will keep yous updated as and when I get the correct loom

Phil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still waiting on wiring loom, should be here in next few days, I'll keep you updated when I give it another go,

I have a fn2 champ white type r

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so wiring loom came today, checked it over and it's still the wrong one! With mine being a championship model it has different connections to accomidate the usb connections and some relays,

Long story short...I give up!

So if anyone has a mk8 honda civic (anything except a championship model) and want to give a sat Nav conversion a good I'm selling all the parts

Thanks Phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Phil, I noticed your thread about you trying to retrofit the sat nav to your champ white Type R, I was wondering if you have the parts still to sell or if you have sold them? I would be interested in buying from you,

Cheers in advance,

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts