2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok , just a quick question. Just had my Civic delivered today, my TT is gone and I have to say I don't miss it. This Civic is an amazing car , I am just playing with the electronics and the only strange thing I have noticed is that as I approached a roundabout by my house on the detailed screen pop up the direction of the the roundabout seemed suggest i should drive anti clockwise. Now I know I am in Jersey and therefore quite close to France but does this mean the disc is inaccurate or the setup is in some Franglais mode?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi , glad you love your car. Take pleasure in knowing you are nearer to McDonalds than I am !!!! My satnav tells me the nearest one is in Calais.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Considering the cost of the sat nav, that sounds like a pretty major bug to me. Maybe best to get the dealer to report the problem upwards, or go direct to the sat nav manufacturer. I'm sure the programmer could fix it in five minutes.
By the way, when turning right at roundabout, does it say "take first exit", or words to that effect.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
its not just the honda sat nav that has errors like this. I have a Pioneer Avic X1 which cost almost £2000 when first came out and this has plenty of errors. Still doesnt know some rds which are maybe 10 years or older, misses some old roundabouts etc.

I just think Sat nav isnt totally perfect whatever product you buy. At the end of the day its the mapping that is behind. I think we will have to wait a few years yet before they can maybe get it totally right if thats even possible.

But sat nav is still very good even with the errors

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
TSB,
Yes, I agree that there will always be errors in the database, but this fault sounds like just a wrong parameter for Jersey, like which side of the road to drive on.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
i had it the other day on my pioneer going upto a roundabout near me in bournemouth. It said to go round the roundabout the wrong way. Was the first time ive had this fault in the uk though.

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
I think its pretty impossible to have a 100% accurate NAV system, just look at the rate houses are being built. I do however think Honda should not be charging the earth for newer discs.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
i like when you go stright on at a 4 cross roads or the same but you have to give way it dont say at the cross roads carry stight ahead or something it say nothing so if i was in strange place you got to be careful you dont got flying over crossings etc , yer ive had 3 other nav system all had errors but thankfull all other were quick download to up date maps fee of couse 20-50 a year but didnt someone say 200 for honda dvd ???

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Further info, I am sure somewhere I must be set to LHD. When the detailed sat nav screen does pop up (when I have inputed a destination and am following the instructions) the voice command is accurate ie "take second exit" but the arrow is clearly going anti-clockwise. I do remember when I tested the demo car from the dealer this was not the case. Waiting for dealer to call me back now !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts