2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above guys
My sat nav starts in day mode meaning its really bright during the night and I have to manually adjust it. I have set it to auto but it still does this every time I take the key out of ignition.
Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
That to me sounds like the light sensor on the top of the dash is not getting enough light and it thinks it's night.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
How do you change it to night mode? Using the button on the radio or the brightness knob on the dash?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That to me sounds like the light sensor on the top of the dash is not getting enough light and it thinks it's night.
Is that the same sensor as the auto headlights?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you change it to night mode? Using the button on the radio or the brightness knob on the dash?

There's a button that makes it turn off or turns the brightness down or up.

·
-=SBZ=-
901 Posts
The button that makes it turn off cycles through 3 settings. Day, night and off.

Turn the brightness to full with the headlights off. This should give you day mode.
But if you want a dimmed dash and satnav on day, turn the brightness down and press the little button on the far left of the radio that cycles through the day, night, off and put it on day mode.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
There's a button that makes it turn off or turns the brightness down or up.

That sounds like the problem then, the car doesn't remember the last setting that button was on, it just reverts to default.

There's a little knob on the dash to the left of the instrument cluster. With the headlights on, turn that anti clockwise 2 or 3 clicks. That should dim the dash and turn the satnav to night mode. The car should remember what position that is left in even after turning the ignition off.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds like the problem then, the car doesn't remember the last setting that button was on, it just reverts to default.

There's a little knob on the dash to the left of the instrument cluster. With the headlights on, turn that anti clockwise 2 or 3 clicks. That should dim the dash and turn the satnav to night mode. The car should remember what position that is left in even after turning the ignition off.

Really sorry I'm confused. I tried this. Does the auto lights settings affect this?
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Not really.

The sensor on the dashboard is the sunlight sensor for the A/C system.
The sensors behind the rear view are the rain senseing/auto headlight ones.

Really sorry I'm confused. I tried this. Does the auto lights settings affect this?
Thanks.

The gauges have 2 settings for brightness.

Headlights Off and Headlights On.
If the brightness is on the highest setting for Headlights on the satnav will be in day mode all the time.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Thanks.

All the auto lights settings does is turn the lights on or off under certain light conditions.

What affects the day/night mode of the satnav is whether the lights are turned on or not, either through the auto lights or manually, and what position the brightness knob is in.

As Grayfox said, if this knob is set to the highest settings, then the satnav will be in day mode no matter what.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Managed to sort this out, you can have it turned up all the way, I adjusted it with lights on at night. Now the sat nav dims when my lights come on in a tunnel etc. pretty cool.
Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What affects the day/night mode of the satnav is whether the lights are turned on or not, either through the auto lights or manually, and what position the brightness knob is in.

As Grayfox said, if this knob is set to the highest settings, then the satnav will be in day mode no matter what.
My satnav is always in day mode despite auto lights coming on, and setting the satnav screen mode to auto.

What brightness level are you saying would need lowering sorry, the overall screen brightness setting?

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
My satnav is always in day mode despite auto lights coming on, and setting the satnav screen mode to auto.

What brightness level are you saying would need lowering sorry, the overall screen brightness setting?
There's a dial to the left of the instrument cluster, if you turn that anti - clockwise while the lights are on, that will put the screen into night mode whenever the lights are on.

That dial also adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster. To adjust the brightness of the screen, you need to press the brightness button to the left of the radio/satnav controls and then adjust the brightness with the satnav dial.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
I think it only needs to be one notch under max for it to revert to auto ?

I'm told the 9G has 2 different day/night settings but I'm still trying to remember to test it (it's an age thing) :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks mpn, the small dial you describe I found it needs to be on anything but full 5 bars of brightness. As soon as it's on 4th the sat nav sets the sat nav to night if the lights are one!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts