2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, please can anyone tell me if the voice on my Honda Civic 2.2 ctdi should be constantly giving instructions like my TomTom sat nav, so far the only way I can get the voice to work is to keep pressing the voice button as I approach a junction which is a bit pointless. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be set up.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Regards Brian

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Should do it automatically. There's a setting to turn her off and change her volume in the settings menu (Menu button then right on the dial).

That might solve your problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys well unfortunately it still doesnt give me constant voice commands like my Tomtom sat nav.
I have pushed the OK button which does bring up the Voice panel on the Left side but then when I push this it gives me one instruction and that is all.
Does anyone have any other suggestions at all, as I cant keep pressing the button as I approach junctions etc.

Brian

·
Administrator
21,238 Posts
So in the Settings Menu (1) you have selected the Voice panel and then turned the dial clockwise whilst it produces rising 'bongs' until you find the level you want and press to select that level ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so I tried that and it still doesnt work DOH!!, I set a destination pressed the ok button turned it to the voice pushed it and turned the dial to the right which she tells me to proceed to the marked route but then nothing after that unless I keep pushing the button as I approach junctions ????????

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Press the Menu Button, On the top right of the screen you will see 'Settings ->'. This indicates you have push the joystick to the right... this takes you to the settings menu.

Rotate the dial to select voice and press 'OK' you can then adjust the voice volume by rotating the dial.

My guess is yours is set to off.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you looked at the manual?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Bog I will try it all again and see what happens.

I wont take it the wrong way but im a man there aint no pride if you use the guide lol.

I did try to work it out with manual but it isnt very good hence im stuck.

Thanks again

·
Administrator
21,238 Posts
So in the Settings Menu (1) you have selected the Voice panel and then turned the dial clockwise whilst it produces rising 'bongs' until you find the level you want and press to select that level ?
Press the Menu Button, On the top right of the screen you will see 'Settings ->'. This indicates you have push the joystick to the right... this takes you to the settings menu.

Rotate the dial to select voice and press 'OK' you can then adjust the voice volume by rotating the dial.

My guess is yours is set to off.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you looked at the manual?
Hey Bog you did it, thanks for your advice I finally have a sat nav that works, Cheers Bog

:D

Big thumbs up from me

Brian
:popcorn2:

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
I find she talks too much which irritates me. Just turn her off and follow the blue line!

·
Administrator
21,238 Posts
I've also got mine silenced 99% of the time. Only turn the voice on when I'm expecting to have to make quick decisions in a town where I should be watching the road.

·
Registered
343 Posts
im a man there aint no pride if you use the guide lol.
Nope but it sure as hell beats the ear bashing from the Misses and daughters when they read it and put you right. [smilie=dunce.gif]

RTFM:woman:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts