2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me which speakers are used for the navigation voive and the siri style information voice?

·
Administrator
21,173 Posts
I'm sure my 8G was the same as my 9G which has a setting to select left, right or both front speakers.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So that explains it i have no voice after replacing all my speakers with an amped system loc connected to the rears how have people made this work please ?

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So please help i am trying to figure out how best to resolve this
My loc is wired to my rear speakers and have a 5 channel amp so replacing all front and rear speakers through the amp so loosing any voice commands etc as no front speakers connected directly to the h/u.
If i connect the original front speaker cables to the new speakers i will not get the mute facility or will i?
Should i just wire in some decent small speakers to give me the voice commands hft etc but then when i turn the volume down i will not get the amped system quiet enough to listen or will i? Any help appreciated

·
Administrator
21,173 Posts
The stock SatNav voice only works through the front speakers so if you've removed them from the loop ....

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So whats the best approach to reconnect them ?? Just add the cables into my crossovers for my new fronts of swap the loc to my front speakers surely somebody has done this ?....

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Does your amp have separate inputs for front and rear? I'd tap into the front feeds, ideally for just the front (so you won't have the voice through all speakers) but if you have no option of front and rear inputs then replace your existing loc to the front.

Another option would be to fit a single monitor speaker to the front outputs from the HU with a switch that you can flick on/off depending on when you're using the nav

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes the amp has outputs for front and rear i am thinking the monitor speaker is maybe the best approach aswell

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hhhhhhmmmmm can I say under no circumstances should you bridge the original speakers into the amped speakers as there is a loud pop and then silence from everything so as you guessed it I now have no sound from anything amp still working as it is showing power I am now worried what have I broken here's me hoping it is some kind of thermal cutout any ideas?
It looks like a monitor speaker is the only option

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Probably too late now, but why dont you just run your amp from the HU front outputs?

Then HFT mute, sat nav voice etc will all work as it should (muting or fading the output). Just fade everything to the front using the HU settings.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah looks like its to late but thats what i am going to do when i have fixed the ic inside the h/u that controls the internal headunit amplifier

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New head unit in and loc wired through front channel and i have all my voices back in my head and my hft in german but managed to change that back phew

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah defo hoping i can get the ic replaced in the damaged unit and sell but need to see how much it will cost lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts