2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone had the problem with sat nav auto change day and night mine wont change when i pit lights on or of i have to press the over drive button

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
turn the dashboard brightness control knob 1 click anti-clockwise :)

Sounds like you have it on 'brightest' which then overrides the sat nav into thinking you want everything as bright as possible :)

I think they call that a 'feature' - aka a useful bug :wink:

Although probably someone somewhere in Honda probably got an award for suggesting it :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
If its a bug - its a useful one!

Its good that when you have lights on during the day (e.g. - if foggy) that the Satnav can be in 'day' mode without too much button pressing.

I actually find 'night mode' harder to read - even at night, so often choose day mode if using Satnav after dark anyway. Usually only leave it in night mode if I don't want directions

·
Administrator
21,238 Posts
Same here, no matter what colour or brightness I use at night I cannot read it in night mode. Most of the minor roads are invisible.

Therefore it's day mode 24x7 for me.

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
I can see the benefit of not having it as bright, especially if one is tired. But it's much easier to read when it's on full brightness and in 'day' mode.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
If I'm going home from somewhere at night, and know where I'm going, I tend to put mine in night mode.

That way I know my ETA, still get TMC warnings, but don't get distracted by the bright screen.
(Not that it's much of a distraction)

otherwise, day mode :D

But that's how I discovered the 'overide' thing with the brightness knob :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I switch mine to night mode everytime it's dark, purely as I don't like the thing lighting my face up!

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
At night I prefer it off completely, and just occasionally get some woman shouting at me; occasionally the Sat Nav tells me where to go too![smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks

that was the problemdashligts where to bright so turned it down so now harder to see the dash in days now when the sun is out i know thats not often

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
if it helps allan - I have mine turned right up all the time, then just click it down one at night if I want the sat nav to go to night time settings :)

works for me :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
It has been puzzling me for months why my car wasn't switching to night mode automatically!!!!!

Now I know why, as I have it on the maximum brightness all the time!

Thanks for solving guys.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
it's amazing what nuggets of useful info lurk in this place :D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts