2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a type r with no sat nav and was thinking of buying the honda sat nav for it i was just wondering if all the plugs are there ready for me to just plug it in???

·
R-18378
73 Posts
If you go OEM it is going to cost ya big time in money and time, I considered it :worms:, then bought a tom tom and a vent mount, easy to put in and update.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Yeah, seen an OEM one cheap so might get it and fit it
If it's the Honda 'Compact' \ SSD SatNav, then I don't believe it's much hassle to install - just a power feed and a mount on the dash (will involve some dash disassembly) ...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its right out a type r so was hoping it was have all the plugs in mines as Ive got a type r gt hmmm may have a nosey in the dash first before I commit

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
its right out a type r so was hoping it was have all the plugs in mines as Ive got a type r gt hmmm may have a nosey in the dash first before I commit
If it's the one that is built into the top 'binnacle' in the dash, avoid it like the plague - huge amount of work to change everything over - been discussed in here several times, but never attempted ...

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
If it's the one that is built into the top 'binnacle' in the dash, avoid it like the plague - huge amount of work to change everything over - been discussed in here several times, but never attempted ...
I am quite sure someone actually did do it, but a LOT of work and very expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts