2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted in a user review that they were able to set their SatNav to alert them when they drove into a 30 zone. Anyone know how to do it? It would be seriously useful.

If its possible do you think you need to be following an actual route that you've programmed in?

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
There is a manual alert that you can turn on when you hit 30MPH, it's in the settings menu of the trip computer.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok great; do you know if the SatNav function exists which alerts you to a 30
Zone?

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,255 Posts
Ok great; do you know if the SatNav function exists which alerts you to a 30
Zone?
The best you can do is get something like a Garmin. They have most of the UK speed limits on board and display them.
If you are going faster than the speed limit the speed symbol will turn red and on some models will produce an audible series of 'bongs'.

This is one of the reasons I have a Garmin as a backup to the main SatNav. I also have the PGPSW speed cameras on board. With this new 9G Civic I certainly need it as you don't realise your speed sometimes.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
The best you can do is get something like a Garmin. They have most of the UK speed limits on board and display them.
If you are going faster than the speed limit the speed symbol will turn red and on some models will produce an audible series of 'bongs'.

This is one of the reasons I have a Garmin as a backup to the main SatNav. I also have the PGPSW speed cameras on board. With this new 9G Civic I certainly need it as you don't realise your speed sometimes.
Same here. I use CoPilot on the iPhone which gives me all the details as above. I don't have to use it as a navigation aid just open the app, choose maps and once the GPS has found where you are then away you go.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,255 Posts
Same here. I use CoPilot on the iPhone which gives me all the details as above. I don't have to use it as a navigation aid just open the app, choose maps and once the GPS has found where you are then away you go.
Yes, you don't need a TT or Garmin if you have a suitable phone :D

My tiny Wildfire S would need me to use binoculars so Garmin it is :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts