2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've had my civic for a few days now and messing around with options and noticed that my Satnav doesn't change to night mode just stays in day mode. I read manual and checked all settings, all set on auto but at night it's still on day settings so looks really bright at night. Tonight when I started my car after work 1am the sat Nav actually did come on in night mode but after a a few yards went back to day mode -.- Manual says works with my auto headlights and they work fine but sat Nav refuses to change is there any way of sorting this??

Thanks

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
The general consensus here a few years ago was to leave it on daytime 24x7 otherwise you can't see it properly.

I'd leave the dash lights on full.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
use the dimmer, if for any reason you are running with your lights on during the day you can put the sat nav brighter by pressing the button to the left of the audio button.

·
Registered
122 Posts
use the dimmer, if for any reason you are running with your lights on during the day you can put the sat nav brighter by pressing the button to the left of the audio button.
Conversely does it dim when you press this button with your headlights on?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys I tested that button and does swop over to nighmode. No idea how I didn't see it. Lol

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Thanks for the replys I tested that button and does swop over to nighmode. No idea how I didn't see it. Lol
Does it switch over automatically now though or only manually?

As others have said, it sounds like the dimming knob is set too high. Adjust it down slightly (anti-clockwise) when the headlights are on and it should solve the problem.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it switch over automatically now though or only manually?

As others have said, it sounds like the dimming knob is set too high. Adjust it down slightly (anti-clockwise) when the headlights are on and it should solve the problem.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2
No it doesn't switch over. I will turn the
Dimmer down on day mode and night mode and see tonight. Lol these little things bug me >.<

Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Just a thought, it could have been set in the options menu to have the same colour scheme on night setting as day; that's how mine is set up, worth checking - without actually fiddling with the car I can't remember for sure but I think it's settings menu 2 under colour.

Happy hunting!

Dave

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a thought, it could have been set in the options menu to have the same colour scheme on night setting as day; that's how mine is set up, worth checking - without actually fiddling with the car I can't remember for sure but I think it's settings menu 2 under colour.

Happy hunting!

Dave
It's all separate, red at night and blue in the day tho it's quite strange sometimes it does it automatically and sometimes it doesn't change so I have to push the button to change myself -.-

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
did you guys find a solution to this? it seems that it is happening to mine since I reset everything to factory settings

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
I seem to remember that the default colour scheme is the same for day and night.
Have you been into the menu and changed it?

If so then maybe the dashtop sensor is playing up. Drop a cloth over it to simulate night and see what changes.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I seem to remember that the default colour scheme is the same for day and night.
Have you been into the menu and changed it?

If so then maybe the dashtop sensor is playing up. Drop a cloth over it to simulate night and see what changes.
Hey matey, I've been through all the settings and day and night modes are different colour schemes. From what I remember the screen does flash when it senses a change in light and dark but it just doesnt change the colour scheme

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Solved: Brightness of my HUD (speedometer, rev counter etc) was turned up full. Nudged it down one notch and it started to work.

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
Oh yes, the full brightness override. Forgot all about that :roll:

Loads of historic posts covering that one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts