2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,298 Posts
I found this post :

I just took a look at my '09 and the clock is correct. The calendar correctly indicates 2022, too. I bought a new navigation DVD in 2016.
Others with later DVD's still have the issue though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Following as my 2010 Civic EX GT clock was an hour out at the beginning of this year, disconnected battery and now clock is completely screwed as it started upon power up it went to 01:00. So I am thinking that a temporary workaround will be to disconnect battery at this time.

Poking around the Sat NAV menu I did look at clock adjustment but nothing seemed to change clock, although WET Time is always showing 00:00 (not sure what this is).
It marks you 00:00 because it does not synchronize with the sat nav. There It must put the time of sat nav. If you want to set the clock on your car:

1-go to a covered parking.
2-Turn off the car.
3-Put the contact
4-Enter the secret menu with the 3 buttons at the same time (map + menu + exit)
5-set the clock and date of the sat nav manually in send gps time.
6-Exit the secret menu and enter the configuration clock setting in the normal menu. If the time appears instead of 00:00, try to set the time to the correct one. If it doesn't work, turn off and put the contact back on. At some moment the time has to appear instead of 00:00
7-remove the key from the ignition, close and open the car and check the time again.
8-surely when you go out the clock changes the time. You will have to set or remove summer time. I have deactivated the automatic time slot.

That way I have the correct hira in the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The clock on my 08 ex model suddenly went an hour forward and can't be changed and as it has the satnav should be automatic.
This then came up on the news feed and I'm wondering if it's the problem.
Honda glitch leaves clocks in older cars stuck 20 years in the past Honda glitch leaves clocks in older cars stuck 20 years in the past via https://dailym.ai/android
I have the same problem, I noticed it today, then i tried to set time manually but nothing is changed. I hope it can be fixed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, many users have the same problem, i found this thread:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
The clock on my 08 ex model suddenly went an hour forward and can't be changed and as it has the satnav should be automatic.
This then came up on the news feed and I'm wondering if it's the problem.
Honda glitch leaves clocks in older cars stuck 20 years in the past Honda glitch leaves clocks in older cars stuck 20 years in the past via https://dailym.ai/android
Exact same thing here with my 08 ex model. I even tried listening to Radio 1 (god help my ears) to see if they send the time code update with the broadcast... no luck though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, just adding my self into this mix. I have a Honda Civic 2007 that I did the hard reset of the clock by removing the battery for 1 hour and it is not updating. When looking in the clock setting on the sat Nov mine also says wet 00:00. Also the same in the diagnostic menu Send GPS time has a year of 2002. I hope honda role out a fix for this.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,298 Posts
Reading the various posts on other sites. Mainly the US CRV site. I can't determine whether Honda have estimated August for a fix or when they think it will 'auto fix'

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,
waiting a solution to fix it, i have a question:
if i disconnect the battery for charging it, what happens when i reconnect it?

1) the clock start at 1:00 and will no longer synchronize
2) the clock will synchronize only with an hour ahead (right minutes, as it is now)

i hope in the case n.2, thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
waiting a solution to fix it, i have a question:
if i disconnect the battery for charging it, what happens when i reconnect it?

1) the clock start at 1:00 and will no longer synchronize
2) the clock will synchronize only with an hour ahead (right minutes, as it is now)

i hope in the case n.2, thanks in advanced.
So I disconnected by battery for an hour and when i connected it back to the car the clock started at 1:00 and no longer syncs. simply no.1. sorry for the bad news.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Hi all,

So my car has developed a weird fault on the last week or so? (Well thats when I noticed it anyhow)

I have an 07 mk8 2.2 with built in GPS, recently the time that is displayed on the little side screen is wrong and as far as I'm aware this is controlled by the GPS?

I have tried to alter the time settings through the GPS settings but it does absolutely nothing. The only work around I can think of is to disconnect the battery and at just before 01:00 (as this is what time the clock resets to) reconnect the battery.

GPS seems to work fine as it still routes me and I have checked that it is connected to satellites through the back menu.

Any thoughts? Anyone experienced anything like this?

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, it's a global fault, there's a lot of pissed off Honda owners around the world.
Confirm I'm having the same issue with UK CR-V 2009 with satnav.
Cheesed off because I rely on the clock in the car. A crappy workaround is to select 'send GPS time' from the engineer/secret menu - the date is all wrong (May 2002) but at least the displayed time is correct whilst ever you remain in the screen....like I said, crappy workaround.....until 'August' (if you believe that, ho ho)

21 - 40 of 113 Posts