2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Come on here as driving wife mad and found this thread.

Couldnt update her clock when clocks went back/forward several weeks ago. Lets see if honda sort it but from the sound of things might be a while if at all.

If anyone gets update from honda let us know.

·
OMG8THGENEX
842 Posts
Here is a fix for owners of the West Europe White Disc 3.C0.

* Disclaimer *
I've installed this on my Sat Nav, but haven't fully tested that the clock works again. I currently have the hardmod installed, and to uninstall it would involve stripping out the dash and glove box to remove it, which I currently don't have the time to do. I'm pretty sure this should work, and I can verify that it didn't break my Sat Nav. However, do this at your own risk!

If you're the first one to try this and it works... congratulations, you're a pioneer!

What does it do?
For some reason Honda decided that 2003-01-01 is the beginning of time, and currently the Sat Nav clock is receiving times in 2002 (due to the GN-80 GPS module believing it's 2002 due to GPS week rollover). This patch changes Honda's beginning of time to 2002-01-01, which should mean the clock works again. - Well mostly, it won't adjust for DST as it will still think we're in a different month of the year.

Instructions
This will work with a CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R/DVD-RW, personally I opted for the DVD-RW.
Copy the following files to a folder on your PC from the original Honda DVD:
A0000_00.MNG
PRG_INFO.MNG
UPDATE_APL.exe
UPDATE_APL_AVN_EU.exe
SMGA.bin
SMGA2.bin

Save "civicclock.txt" from the attachment as "civicclock.exe" in the same folder.
Run "civicclock.exe" - the SMGA.bin will be updated (check the timestamp has changed).
Delete "civicclock.exe".
Burn all the remaining files to a CD/DVD (on Windows make sure to use the "standard" mode and not the newer "USB like" mode).
Insert the new disc into the Sat Nav DVD drive. When you see the message about "Can't read disc" simultaneously hold down "Menu", "Map" and "Back" (the bottom left button that looks like an arrow looping back on itself).
On the diagnostic screen go to "Version".
Press the "Download" button, and wait until the disc is installed.
Once the system reboots you can remove the disc and put your original disc back in - and hopefully have a working dash clock!
Thanks dsclee1. Worked a charm!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Here is a fix for owners of the West Europe White Disc 3.C0.

* Disclaimer *
I've installed this on my Sat Nav, but haven't fully tested that the clock works again. I currently have the hardmod installed, and to uninstall it would involve stripping out the dash and glove box to remove it, which I currently don't have the time to do. I'm pretty sure this should work, and I can verify that it didn't break my Sat Nav. However, do this at your own risk!

If you're the first one to try this and it works... congratulations, you're a pioneer!

What does it do?
For some reason Honda decided that 2003-01-01 is the beginning of time, and currently the Sat Nav clock is receiving times in 2002 (due to the GN-80 GPS module believing it's 2002 due to GPS week rollover). This patch changes Honda's beginning of time to 2002-01-01, which should mean the clock works again. - Well mostly, it won't adjust for DST as it will still think we're in a different month of the year.

Instructions
This will work with a CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R/DVD-RW, personally I opted for the DVD-RW.
Copy the following files to a folder on your PC from the original Honda DVD:
A0000_00.MNG
PRG_INFO.MNG
UPDATE_APL.exe
UPDATE_APL_AVN_EU.exe
SMGA.bin
SMGA2.bin

Save "civicclock.txt" from the attachment as "civicclock.exe" in the same folder.
Run "civicclock.exe" - the SMGA.bin will be updated (check the timestamp has changed).
Delete "civicclock.exe".
Burn all the remaining files to a CD/DVD (on Windows make sure to use the "standard" mode and not the newer "USB like" mode).
Insert the new disc into the Sat Nav DVD drive. When you see the message about "Can't read disc" simultaneously hold down "Menu", "Map" and "Back" (the bottom left button that looks like an arrow looping back on itself).
On the diagnostic screen go to "Version".
Press the "Download" button, and wait until the disc is installed.
Once the system reboots you can remove the disc and put your original disc back in - and hopefully have a working dash clock!
I'm trying to do this but it starts to download then it says Please check your disc. Then it doesn't work, anything I'm doing wrong. I had to uncheck the Read Only option in the SMGA file and the time stamp changed when I ran then civicclock.exe file.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
OMG8THGENEX
842 Posts
It was good whilst it lasted. Time was rolled back by one hour this morning for whatever reason. Will try and reload the fix tomorrow and report back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There's news:
Today i checked the nav clock, as expected the date is October 28, 2002 but i was surprised because it's looks right! the clock is not back 1 hour!,it's work correctly and it's weird because October 28, 2002 the clocks was back one hour.
In addition, the clock is perfectly synchronized (i checked it with the atomic clock app), so i think, for example... if i unplug the battery, i could get the correct time (syncronized), but I'm not going to do this test.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great to hear that the fix is working for several of you! Sorry I haven't replied, I've been away on vacation.

The eventual hope is that the clock can be fully fixed by correcting the date in the Sat Nav. But this involves a significant code change, if it's even possible.

If you're having one hour rollback issues then make sure you have the daylight savings settings turned off in the menu. They won't work anymore as it still believes it's October 2002. You'll need to manually set your time offset.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm trying to do this but it starts to download then it says Please check your disc. Then it doesn't work, anything I'm doing wrong. I had to uncheck the Read Only option in the SMGA file and the time stamp changed when I ran then civicclock.exe file.
View attachment 325199
View attachment 325197
There's a few reasons this can happen. As our disc drives are pretty old now they can commonly become unable to read certain discs as the laser unit degrades. Try using a different disc, preferably of a different type. e.g. if you're using a DVD-R then maybe try a DVD-RW, or a CD-R, or a CD-RW. Also, when writing the files make sure it's done on the minimum write speed available (usually 4x).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great to hear that the fix is working for several of you! Sorry I haven't replied, I've been away on vacation.

The eventual hope is that the clock can be fully fixed by correcting the date in the Sat Nav. But this involves a significant code change, if it's even possible.

If you're having one hour rollback issues then make sure you have the daylight savings settings turned off in the menu. They won't work anymore as it still believes it's October 2002. You'll need to manually set your time offset.
One moment.... I have never applied the fix , I've never tried it because my date was right from March 27th (see post #74) and it would be until June 12th, but I saw on June 13th the clock was still showing the correct time, so i wrote here to warn that without fix, my sat nav clock (and I think also others sat nav clock) continues to be right and synchronized (even if the date is always wrong but i don't care about that).

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
There's a few reasons this can happen. As our disc drives are pretty old now they can commonly become unable to read certain discs as the laser unit degrades. Try using a different disc, preferably of a different type. e.g. if you're using a DVD-R then maybe try a DVD-RW, or a CD-R, or a CD-RW. Also, when writing the files make sure it's done on the minimum write speed available (usually 4x).
Cheers I'll try a different disc, I was using a CD-R. I did it on the maximum speed which I think was 24x maybe thats where it went wrong.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,749 Posts
I've just checked what I still have in stock from when I had a 8G and mine are DVD+R Dual Layer and of course you need a dual layer burner.

Other than that is the player head clean ?

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,749 Posts
Given it's all based on maths is there a date in Aug it should drop back into sequence ?

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,749 Posts
The 'official' response from Honda USA was :

We have escalated the NAVI Clock Issue to our Engineering Team and they have informed us that you will experience issue from Jan 2022 thru August 2022 and then it will auto-correct. Please be assured that we will continue to monitor this and will advise you if a fix is available before that time.
That indicates Sep to me

81 - 100 of 112 Posts