2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
sat nav

I have V 3.06 in my car ( 08 model) - is it worth updating to the next 2 disc version? e.g. has much changed.....

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I have V 3.06 in my car ( 08 model) - is it worth updating to the next 2 disc version? e.g. has much changed.....
Maps are much more up to date.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i've only used sat-nav in Scandinavia, as there are no Baltics in Honda navi discs. 3.23 is much better than 3.06 (which had maps from the 16th century, i think). the 3.23 map data is a couple of years old as it missed a chunk of new highway in Västerås kommun, Sweden, but otherwise it was good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just phoned my local dealer who has v 3.33 in stock for £146.00 which
I don't think is too bad considering a download for a hand held Garmin is
over £80.00 and takes hours to finally sort out...
Thanks again to all for the advice - its a nice sunny day so will keep the car in the garage be green (ish) and use the Varadero......

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
how long does the update take , does anyone know

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had v. 3.33 for two years and that was bought from a Honda Ddealer as a 2 disc set - one disc Eastern Europe the other Western Europe. I don't think updates are downloadable - you have to buy the discs... unless anyone knows otherwise...

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
cool thought id let it update itself on my 20 min drive to work

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
fyi

i put new nav dvd in and it auto updated itself whilst i listened to less then 2 mp3 songs , i started the car before hand so that it didnt loose power and i did not drive the car so i would not stall it accidently as you cant turn car off whilst its flashing its own firmware

all using 2011 v3.52 dvd nav now some improvements like colour land scape and has petrol / parking POIs as your driving .

still just as fast

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Basically I have a v2 sat nav which came with a v3 disc inserted.
Full details here
Was wanting to know which version 2.xx I would be best getting. The v3.xx wiki is quite detailed.

As the car is a 2006 I am thinking no earlier than v2.06

I have found the following info but not what the disc actually contains, I.e whether they have firmware or not:
v2.03 2002/3 APN2-23103
v2.05 2004/5 APN2-34102
v2.06 2005/6 APN2-55101
v2.07 2006/7 APN2-56102

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi

I was wondering if you could help.. I've just ordered the version 3.60 of the update disc and was wondering what the improvements are.. Specifically I was hoping that it has speed camera recognition.. Does this have this?

Appreciate any help

·
Registered
26 Posts
No, none of them have speed cameras on them, or ever will as they are banned in most of europe (even just having them in the car switched off will be a big fine)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cheers Mat8290.. I actually didn't realise that they wasn't allowed in most countries.. It might sound like a stupid question but is there anyway around this as I find it quite useful on my Tom Tom around the UK

1 - 20 of 21 Posts