2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of frantically trying to find a Civic to buy and, up until now, have always tended to favour the EX models. Why? Because the built-in SatNav looks great ... I love the voice-control and the way it looks on the dash.

The problem is, I'm finding it difficult to find a car that matches the exact spec I'm looking for (must be black, must be an i-Shift, must be a reasonable price). So I've got to be more flexible and be less picky.

So my question is this. If I get another Civic that's not an EX and I buy a seperate SatNav from Halfords (or similar) is there anywhere suitable to fit it on the dash? I hate those satnav systems in cars that stick on the windscreen or right in the middle, on top of the dash (obscuring your view). Is there somewhere more appropriate lower down?

I've looked at internal pictures of Civics but I know too little about cars to see for sure ...

HUGE thanks for your help and suggestions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic, thank you very much!

I did look through the wiki but didn't see that section. I guess I need satnav just to find the satnav. (I'm here all week)

It answers my question completely ... unfortunately it shows me that the mountings can be a bit untidy. They really don't come close to the EX's built-in beauty.

I guess it'll just have to be an (expensive) EX.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Reactions: Meritocracy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks good; nice and central on the dash, doesn't obscure the view. Impressive.

Perhaps there's hope for a none-EX yet ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts