2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I usually have my climate set at 22 degrees and auto and don’t appear to have a whistle (yet). Just today the front sensors seemed to go off for no reason (wet weather). I’m going to monitor the sensor situation but will be taking back if it carries on. I find it’s between 5-8 mph.

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
I still reckon the front sensor issue is water running over them.

Pull out of your parking spot with a wet car. Touch the brakes and water runs down the front, over the sensors and ..... beep.

My 9G is the same and they never go off if the car is dry.

·
Registered
66 Posts
M8TJT

Thanks for posting the info on the air con fix.

Was going to my dealer this week to ask them to investigate my air con whistle.

I can now quote the bulletin number to them.

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I’m going to monitor the sensor situation but will be taking back if it carries on. I find it’s between 5-8 mph.
Honda have a fix (allegedly) for this. It's a new grille, but production screwed up and forgot to drill the holes for the sensor.
Just phone the dealer and tell him that you have the problem and they will recall you when the new grilles are available.
When was your car manufactured, because I believe that they fitted the new anti whistle aircon pipes to later production.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My civic sport was manufactured early 2018, it has the air con whistle. So the rectification is to change some pipes for a different design? Assume the dealer would need to order in the pipes prior to the car going in for the update.

Also had an occasional beep from front sensors when the car has stood in heavy rain, but clears once driving a few hundred meters.

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Apparently, one of the A/C pipes is shortened by about 16mm.
My dealer said the recall was 'on complaint'. i.e. unless you complain about it they won't do anything as it seems that it doesn't affect all cars.
Yes, the dealer will have to get the bits in before he can fit them,:wink3: but you must 'complain' first (by phone). Quote the bulletin number I posted up thread if he queries it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts