2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I got a 9g Civic with built in SATNAV. However, the SATNAV tend to get lost if it cant correlate its position with a position on the built in map. in other words, if you drive on a new road not on the map, it gets lost, even though you come back on familiar roads again.

The only way to get a good gps fix is to cancel your route, and turn of the ignition, which is a bit annoying!

My question is: does anybody know a way to reset the SATNAV on the go?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi guys,

I got a 9g Civic with built in SATNAV. However, the SATNAV tend to get lost if it cant correlate its position with a position on the built in map. in other words, if you drive on a new road not on the map, it gets lost, even though you come back on familiar roads again.

The only way to get a good gps fix is to cancel your route, and turn of the ignition, which is a bit annoying!

My question is: does anybody know a way to reset the SATNAV on the go?

Cheers :)
Mine did that so i brought a updated disc worked fine ever since :)

·
Administrator
21,173 Posts
I've had a similar scenario.

A few weeks ago when leaving work I wasn't getting a GPS fix for about 10 minutes. During that time the SatNav was using its built in stuff for trying to calculate where you are - and failing by about 300 to 400 metres, plus the direction of travel was slightly askew as well.

There was another post at about that time with GPS issues so I'm wondering whether some satellite work was going on in the afternoons?

It's all OK now and I'm getting a fix within a minute again.

I park underground at work so initially it doesn't get a GPS fix. I wonder if it only tries to get the initial fix every so often?

At home in the mornings I get a GPS and TMC fix within about 20 seconds of turning on.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My stand alone Garmin occasionally does something similar to Kremmen's post - could be Satellite related as suggested

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, took my Car to the dealer and told him him that the SATNAV got lost, for no obvious reason.

They agreed and took it in free of charge, due to the warranty. Went back to Pick it up, and they told that they could not solve the problem.
They wanted to fix the GPS antenna, because that pretty much was best guess of where the problem could originate from. However when they took out the satnav, they found out it had some weirdo wire connections, which where not according to the official manuals.
So the took some pictures and sent it to Honda Europe for a Quick fix. Two weeks later they fixed it and it has works ever since!
All free of charge and with a replacement Car on Honda's bill!

Only problem now my map is out of date :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That what the dealer Said too. When they took the tings apart they didn't dare touch anything. They called Honda Denmark to ask for instructions. They where clueless.
So they had to take a film/photo and sent it to Honda because no one had nat idea what the thing was all abort...

But now it works...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts