2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being out and about in the sunny weather this Easter, I can't fail to notice how difficult it is to make out the SatNav screen when the sun is out. :(

I thought about fabricating some sort of removable visor to shield the display from the sun, but SWMBO came up with the idea of fitting an anti glare film of some sort to the screen itself. Sounded like sheer genius.

Anyone tried this? I was thinking about purchasing one of those iPad screen items such as this and simply trimming it to size. See any issues?

Cheers!

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I sometimes find the screen takes a couple of minutes to 'warm up' and won't be as bright as usual before it has done so. Might just be me though?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I also find the satnav glare annoying, at times it is difficult to make anything out at all. Good luck trying to fix it, I think it will be quite difficult.

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've adjusted the brightness level from 50%, to one notch from the maximum setting.

I won't know if this makes much difference until the sun comes out again. :cool:

Thanks for the tips! [smilie=thumbup.gif]

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
I sometimes find the screen takes a couple of minutes to 'warm up' and won't be as bright as usual before it has done so. Might just be me though?
Funny you mention this. My 2007 SatNav never used to suffer too much from this but my 2009 one is quite dim to start with.

Once I put the shades on in teh Summer it's almost impossible to read though :(

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
314 Posts
hmmm I dont' get this with the satnav but with the little display next to it.. can't see it at all when the sun it at a certain angle..
and the brightness is all the way up.

all i see is the reflection of the panel below it :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts