2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Wonder if anyone else has experienced some of the issues I've had today? Started car outside work today and pressed OK when the Nag screen appeared. Everything seemed ok till I went to make a Hands Free call, got a message that said "HTS App is Shutdown". Tried switching off the car a couple of times and this didn't fix it. After that selected the SatNav and the Go Home option as it's good for traffic information. After about 5 seconds no matter how many times I've tried it just goes to the options screen on the head unit and it will not work.

Car is still in warranty so going to contact the dealer tomorrow about getting it in, just wondering of this has happened to anyone on here? My car is the facelift with NAV.

Cheers.
Neil.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Interesting - Haven't had this myself, Have you tried a hard reset? Hold power button for 10 Seconds, reboot etc., And, depending on how much you have programmed, have you considered a factory reset?

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting - Haven't had this myself, Have you tried a hard reset? Hold power button for 10 Seconds, reboot etc., And, depending on how much you have programmed, have you considered a factory reset?
I'll try the hard reset for 10 seconds and see what that does.. Other than that, take it to the dealer before warranty expires at end of month as that will be three year old. Saying that, when I got the car they said they warrantied it for 2yr.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Haltamer,

Went out and did the hard reset and all is now working as it should be :grin2: Cheers for the info. Saves me a trip to the dealer and the indignity of a Fiat 500 courtesy car :wink3:

Reactions: Haltamer

·
Registered
871 Posts
Have you updated the Honda App Centre before?
That can be the cause of many issues if you are running an old version of App Centre.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Not quite the app centre, but my car, pretty much an end of the line model, still has RC4 Honda connect - I'm considering bringing this up to RC8 and preparing a guide using the files that were released on XDA.

Personally, I've not updated the Honda app center as it disables the standard workaround for installing 3rd Party apps, though, given the new methods for rooting Honda Connect I may give it a second innings and see how it goes.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Not quite the app centre, but my car, pretty much an end of the line model, still has RC4 Honda connect - I'm considering bringing this up to RC8 and preparing a guide using the files that were released on XDA.

Personally, I've not updated the Honda app center as it disables the standard workaround for installing 3rd Party apps, though, given the new methods for rooting Honda Connect I may give it a second innings and see how it goes.

Installing RC8 will completely stop you installing 3rd party apps, even after a factory reset and the new rooting method only works on 10G Honda connect and not previous versions.

As long as you have installed the Honda permissions app before you do any app centre update, you can then just change the whitelist afterwards anyway once its updated.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Did wonder if that would be the case.

I've been making less use of the 3rd Party apps that I do have given the s l o w nature of the head unit - I believe they rectified some of that in RC6, So by leapfrogging to RC8 I'm hoping to use Sygic / Waze etc with mirrorlink instead, rather than further strain the limited resources of the headunit.

I believe one of the RC6 Versions still allows the installation of 3rd Party apps, If you have a copy of the installation files I wouldn't mind trying it? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts