2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering people's opinion on where the satnav is situated in the old and new civic's

on the older civic's the satnav screen is along the 2nd tier of the dash at the same level of the speedo... now personally i've been used to TomTom and of course i put it at near eye level so i don't have to look away to check the map etc...

on the new civic's the satnav screen replaces the stereo system so now i find that (after test driving it) you have to look downwards...

So which one do you prefer?

·
Administrator
21,246 Posts
I have the SatNav in the original position next to the radio display and it's fine.

I borrowed a Prius some time ago that had it in the lower dash area like the new T grade Civics and it was hopeless. I think they are put there so they can be touch operated.

T grades are definitely an 'eyes off the road' job. Not for me

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
I think it's safer having the older 'EX' style sat-nav, plus it looks better integrated into the 2nd tier of the dash - the T grade nav still looks like a Halfords special to me.... ;)

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
its way to low and at the side, my dad has it in his t grade i like the touch screen ect but should have a link to the old position

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I have the 06 EX civic and prefer it at the top... didn't know it was touch screen though... still inconvenient imo... oh well

·
Administrator
21,246 Posts
I've noticed that some vehicles have the built in SatNav as a top of dashboard popup unit.

Far better solution.

Don't like touchscreen anyway - too many fingermarks

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Old style for me for sure - not just the sat nav as well, it's great having the visual display for climate, audio etc up there as well. So pleased I managed to get a later model that still had it fitted

Cheers

Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts