2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
21,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just taken my first trip (to work in the dark).

I left the default night SatNav setting of 'black' and with the default brightness, contrast etc.

and I could not make head nor tail of it, too dark.

What night settings does anyone else use or is it just me ?

Colour
Brightness
Contrast
Black level

I have also just changed my daytime colour scheme to blue, I think it looks better. I will reset the daytime brightness levels on my way home (in the light).

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I end up using the standard daytime colours at night (the one with the yellow map background) - the blue and red on black is just too tricky to see.

·
Administrator
21,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I can see me doing that with the blue option ala TomToms colours

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
I pretty much use the same settings both day and night, unless I'm on a long motorway journey in which case I dim the dash to its lowest setting and turn off the NAV. Much more relaxing and really improves forward visibility (no reflections).

·
Registered
16 Posts
daft question but did you have a route planned ? reason i ask is when a routes planned at night the screen seems much easier to view not sure if its cause the road your on is blue or its just slightly brighter. i agree though if you have no route planned its not easy to view. dusk tends to be the worse i have it set to auto so when the lights come on the screen goes auto into night and at dusk its a bit hard to see. tend to just turn the brightness button for the dash lights to max and the sat nav goes into day settings, then when its dark just back it down to setting 4 and the satnav goes back to auto mode

·
Administrator
21,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I had a route planned. Also had brightness, contrast and Black setting set to give the brightest possible display. Even switched from 'black' to 'beige' to see if that improved things.

I'm sure that a passenger would find the night setting quite acceptable but when you can only glance at it, not easy.

Today's ploy was to set it to permanent 'day' and simply use the Display Mode button to allow the brightness only to be changed via the Interface Dial - worked a treat, that is my permanent setting now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts