2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I installed a double din android stereo in a satnav using the connects2 harness. It all works fine including the steering controls. The only thing is the clock temperature display it came all scrambeled, any lead on how to fix it or what to search please. regards James

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Think no mate. Satnav clock dispaly is different from non satnav (different chip) only thing maybe sorce 2nd hand non satnav display
I'm afraid even this won't work. I don't believe there is any way to get the sat nav spec clock screen working now that u have removed the sat nav. Even putting in a non sat nav spec screen would involve removing your entire dash, hours of wire finding and soldering then probably would end up throwing the steerwheel controls out in the process anyway. Your best bet would be to try and either disable it altogether so u don't have the flickering or stick a nice photo of your family over it instead :)

Sadly yr not the first person to have this unsolvable problem and won't be the last. There are many threads on this forum exactly the same.

Sorry bud.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
I'm afraid even this won't work. I don't believe there is any way to get the sat nav spec clock screen working now that u have removed the sat nav. Even putting in a non sat nav spec screen would involve removing your entire dash, hours of wire finding and soldering then probably would end up throwing the steerwheel controls out in the process anyway. Your best bet would be to try and either disable it altogether so u don't have the flickering or stick a nice photo of your family over it instead :)

Sadly yr not the first person to have this unsolvable problem and won't be the last. There are many threads on this forum exactly the same.

Sorry bud.

Satnav one won't work without satnav hu. Are you sure mate about non satnav? Dash doesn't need to come out if needs rewiring; only HU, display and speedo.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
U may be absolutely right there mate, it was just my understanding that accessing the speedo and display involves taking everything else out aswell. Plus as I have learnt to my own cost, he will need to get the wirring perfect first time as the black connects box which is the analogue/digital converter is massively sensitive to incorrect fitting and would need to be replaced. There is little room for good old fashioned trial and error unfortunately.

Fingers crossed your right, I'm guessing it would be quite a job and I'm not sure of many others around who have done this successfully yet.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
U may be absolutely right there mate, it was just my understanding that accessing the speedo and display involves taking everything else out aswell. Plus as I have learnt to my own cost, he will need to get the wirring perfect first time as the black connects box which is the analogue/digital converter is massively sensitive to incorrect fitting and would need to be replaced. There is little room for good old fashioned trial and error unfortunately.

Fingers crossed your right, I'm guessing it would be quite a job and I'm not sure of many others around who have done this successfully yet.

I figured out how to make averything work including steering wheel controls, factory satnav with all its display features and climate on screen but the only thing is the small display there I just need the time and climate temp or at least the temp. Haven`t got time at the moment due work but I tried a bit to find the problem and it goes to the green plugs when I disconnect the big green plug the display stops working and everything else works fine.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,764 Posts
found this info! The screens on the non sat nav models are wider with more areas to display information. The screens on the satnav model are only designed for basic information so is missing the extra areas of display so what you have is the display merging the information as there is no room for it . I don't think this is a faulty display. Its just not designed for this purpose.

i'd try and find a non satnav screen and see what happens, i'm sure someone done this a few years back on here i can't find it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts