2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My son picked up his 2010 type S GT-T last week and is really pleased with it but the Satnav isn't working properly as the disc is missing. He noticed this before picking the car up and it was agreed it should be there and the dealer would get one sent on to him. It turned up today as a "Blaupunkt DVD Navigation Europe 2008" with Ford badges all over it, the instructions in the case show a system that is different to the one in his Honda. So the Q is will this DVD work and if it will can anyone give us step-by-step instructions as to how we update the system. Or should we get back in touch and tell them it's the wrong disc. It wasn't a Honda dealer by the way it came from a car supermarket.

On closer inspection we can't see anywhere for a disc to go there is a slot for an SD card but this is empty does this system run from a disc or just the SD card ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey bud, it's updated through a memory card sd card to be precise. Not sure if you can get them second hand as I think they have to be verified by honda. Hope this helps :)

·
Administrator
21,156 Posts
As above, check the SatNav type for SD or DVD.

I'll bet it hasn't been left with the USB lead either. Some Civic sellers strip out anything not bolted down and sell them on afterwards.

Ford DVD for a Honda :laugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts