2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sat nav

could try fitting sun glassers to the satnav .are honda to give a free per with every lx .hope no one whants the time on a sunny day. [smilie=damn.gif]

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have to say that after having a heavy week (1100 miles) ploughing up and down the nations motorways, the built in gps in certainly the best I've used, especially the TMC

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Navteq data is pretty good - IMO better than teleatlas. But it did today try and take me down a bridleway...

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Coming back from the North Yorkshire Moors lastnight one of the *many* roundabouts I expected to be told to go straight on for the A174, it told me to take a right (3rd exit) and it then took me on a weird route to get back to the A66 to get me home!

What baffled me was that on the way there it kept me on the A174 main road so I was VERY surprised when I reached this same roundabout expecting to be doing the EXACT reverse of my journey that it took me on a weird detour... didn't actually take any longer to get home mind you! ;)

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I nearly always use the "get 5 routes" method and flick through them until the coloured line looks like the right route. I do like to ignore the satnav when poss - I try to keep it as a guide, or assistant, rather than being a slave to it. Still reckon it's very good though, certainly better than the good old tomtom.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree with your comment that Teleatlas isn't too good on data. I've got that in my phone at the moment, till my EX arrives. It's supposed to be UK & Ireland, but we went to Ireland a week ago, and it was fine around Dublin, but from about 20 miles south of the city, it only knew about the N(ational) roads, so all it displayed was a screenful of green if you took a scenic route. Not impressed! :roll:

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Is it possible to switch the sat-nav off, while driving ?.

·
您看了
456 Posts
elfa7 said:
Is it possible to switch the sat-nav off, while driving ?.
Of course.

Either don't bother setting a destination, set the screen to display audio/climate, or hit the small "moon" button twice? (or 3 times?) to turn the screen off completely.

·
您看了
456 Posts
No worries :wink:

of course, if you've set a route and wish to stop guidance you can either do this by voice command or by pressing the "back" button (lower left next to the multifunction wheel in the dash center)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Has anyone played around with the satnav DVD yet? I burned a backup with Nero, no problems, but I couldn't help noticing that there's loads of bmp files that are just begging to be changed? Has anyone tried running a modified DVD?

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
DUNCAN said:
roads in manchester been there 2years ..not on sat nav, [smilie=q-mark.gif]
Which roads?

I don't have the Civ Satnav, but it'll be interesting to see if my TomTom has them

·
Registered
975 Posts
has anyone seen the new roadangel navigator 6000

249.99 pounds sat nav, speed camera alerts and mp3 player.

seems amazing value.

opinions?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts