·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
Good luck - I think you'll need it:p

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) Seen one in action at his workshop - i tried to pocket one, but it was keeping them close to him all the time :) -

but i think i can get it working :) might be on the illegal side as aint got a radio licence :)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
not sure on the legal thing - even Tesco sell them (for not much more than that...) dunno what the quality of there's is like though.

I thought they weren't legal either
unless it's one of those 'legal to own, illegal to use' things?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats what it is, its Legal to own it, and transmit "rubbish" nothing that can be understood, for example, you can talk over it as its not copyright protected, unlike music :p

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts

·
Civic's got Big Booty !
184 Posts
I built a modulated RF transmitter when I was 13 from an old radio and an electronics kit, upped the wattage a bit, and attached a long wire antenna to it...

Wiped out the streets radio and all they could hear was me singing THEY LOVED IT. Well actually they moaned like hell and I was reported to the police who gave me a warning :)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
not sure on the legal thing - even Tesco sell them (for not much more than that...) dunno what the quality of there's is like though.

I thought they weren't legal either
unless it's one of those 'legal to own, illegal to use' things?
Not as good quality as the connector for sure!! I had an FM transmitter in my old car and I'd never go back to one now

I think its well worth the money, whats better than having all your favourite ipod tracks playing while having it charged as well??? - no subsitute

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
These transmitters are mono in the first place.
Moreover, these transmitters vary in quality, even when you build eg. several in exact the same way. It's nice to fiddle with, but certainly not recommended to transmit high quality music signals with. Wired is the way to go, but if FM quality is enough for you, get a decent (stereo-) commercial transmitter.

K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts