2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm 99% convinced I've seen a thread/post/wiki page on this site that details the ability to change the colours used on the sat-nav lcd to *custom* colours, not just the appalling pre-set colours Honda bestowed upon us.

The blue colour scheme I prefer to use makes it very difficult to ascertain what mode the climate control is in - c'mon white or grey icons...who on earth thought that one through and figured there was enough contrast!! I end up pressing the mode button several times so the eyes can 'see' a moving colour change, then eventually settle on the mode I actually want.

If I can 'edit' the colours used there, I would be very happy :)

Any takers on a location for this info? (I've tried the three finger salute to get into the diagnostics, and searched the wiki here...)

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I'm 99% convinced I've seen a thread/post/wiki page on this site that details the ability to change the colours used on the sat-nav lcd to *custom* colours, not just the appalling pre-set colours Honda bestowed upon us.

The blue colour scheme I prefer to use makes it very difficult to ascertain what mode the climate control is in - c'mon white or grey icons...who on earth thought that one through and figured there was enough contrast!! I end up pressing the mode button several times so the eyes can 'see' a moving colour change, then eventually settle on the mode I actually want.

If I can 'edit' the colours used there, I would be very happy :)

Any takers on a location for this info? (I've tried the three finger salute to get into the diagnostics, and searched the wiki here...)
It can be done thats for sure. I just cant remenber how!! Try going into the sat nav settings not the diagnostics and im sure its in there somewhere.

·
Registered
111 Posts
c0lours

I have changed mine once or twice , but only from instructions on page 84 0f Sat Nav book, I take it you want more than this:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, the destruction tome (500+ page book, for a car!!) only details how to change the preset colour schemes.

There is a hack detailed, somewhere that gets you into the actual colours used. As I said above, white & grey are a pretty ridiculous colour combo, when you need a high contrast, easily distinguishable identifier as to what mode the climate control is in <_<

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my sanity wasn't saved.

I found the page that allows you to change the colours, but only for the sat nav mapping details, nothing else :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts