2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Looks a bit uninspiring to me. OK, but a bit dull.

When the 8g was introduced the dash was really futuristic for the time and its a shame Honda haven't been a bit braver.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks a bit uninspiring to me. OK, but a bit dull.

When the 8g was introduced the dash was really futuristic for the time and its a shame Honda haven't been a bit braver.
Ya I have to agree even the exterior is quite boring
I'll certainly be holding on to my 10th gen for many more years

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
The 8G really pushed the boat out from the 'sit-up-and-beg' 7G.

Pity the styling has been so static since 2006!!

Others have nearly caught up, and to make it worse, they copy the Mercedes' A-Class stuck on i-Pad display.

Not doing anything for me - just appears like everyone else's car instead of screaming H-O-N-D-A to you.

I hope things will change when they arrive on our shores .... eventually.

Al.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,616 Posts
My guess is that the various manufacturers have realised that SatNav and infotainment screens need to be high up, not buried just above the gearstick, below the face vents like my 9G.

Also they need to be easily replaceable.

Maybe this is the answer they've all come up with.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Understood the 'line of sight', but looking so much like an extra, it may be misunderstood as being 'highly removable' ... as in break-ins and attempts to steal them.

Al.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
462 Posts
Hate it when they place the touch screen/ sat nav high up like a lcd tv on the wall, Its like they have designed and built the interior and then thought "bloody hell we forgot the sat nav, tell you what just shove it there, nobody will suspect a thing". All these cars driving around like they a have tv stuck on top of the dash. Does nothing for me...

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,616 Posts
As with wall TV's they are getting bigger and there is no room in the dash for these latest units ?

The 8G SatNav position was good as it was higher up and further away so less eye strain glancing at it but the screen was about half the size of current units. I agree they seem attractive to thieves but I've not seen any reports so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts