2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I was in the Honda garage today, and I went in there to get some figures on exchanging me current civic for the new type R, out come on the figures was rather nice:)

So I asked if they have them in, and they said they do but it's covered up ready for the launch date, so I asked if I can have a sneak, so he gave in and said yes, so he lifted the cover off the side of the car, then he said it might not locked, so I opened the door:O, and I asked if I can sit init, so he said yes, and I jumped right in!

First impression, OMG, I loved it:O! Everything seem so well made, and the redness is sexual!, also not to mention the exterior is stunning with the colour trim!

He said is I went ahead he can get me one for around 15th march:D

That's for the GT edition, which features fog's, rain sensor, air con, cruise con, etc.. etc... I am still deciding atm..... I will deffo go with the 19'S!!!

Thanks, I just wanted to share this with you guy's.
P.s, Oh yeh, IPOD connecter is standard...

:):)!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Wouldn't the insurance on the Type R be prohibitive for you DanKo? Or at least for lesser mortals of the same age?

·
Registered
172 Posts
How old are you Danko?!

As im 22 and its £940 fully comp for me! :eek: :D

I went to my 'new' dealer last friday and saw one, sat in one and he even let me start her up!! :eek: :D it is sooo nice! he said he couldnt let me rev her up (for obvious reasons being as the car was in the showroom!)

But it did sound lovely! To watch all the dials come to life as well was excellent!! :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah the Type R really is nice, I sat in one also last week just for the hell of it (I couldn't buy the Type R for various reasons but if I could I would have ordered this one ^^). It really is a nice ride.

5ummer5 > 940£ for a Honda Civic insurrance ??? Are those standard rates in the UK ?? It seems awfully expensive to me even if you are a "young" driver (under 25 for insurrances)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Expensive?!

I thought that was good, i have no NCB so i thought it would be much more than that! Most insurance companies wont even provide a quote and even if they do its not competative (2k+).

For a 22year old with no NCB on a £20k 200bhp car that subsequently falls into the "hot hatch" bracket, i thought £940 was good. I was expecting it to be higher to be honest.

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
For a 22year old with no NCB on a £20k 200bhp car that subsequently falls into the "hot hatch" bracket, i thought £940 was good. I was expecting it to be higher to be honest.
Who do you insure with?!! My insurance is £1350 for the 2.2, 21years old.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Who do you insure with?!! My insurance is £1350 for the 2.2, 21years old.

2Years NCB.
:eek: that is quite alot! Try admiral they have given me that quote.
The excess was set at a 'standard' £250 as well.

Let me know how you get on!

·
Registered
172 Posts
The cheapest quote (by far) I've managed for a Type R is £950ish. I'm 36 :( :oops: .

That was with elephant.co.uk
:eek: no way!

Have you tried admiral?! Im beginning to think they have misquoted me!

I have got a squeaky clean licence.

If you have points sik2k then that might make the difference!

If not i dont know whats going on and im VERY glad i saved my quote which is valid until april!!! :D :cool: So i will be buying straight online!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Lucky Me . . .

1 accident - other car drove off!
1 malicious damage claim / wheels stolen
1 vehicle stolen not recovered
1 sp30 speeding fine

Luckily, the three other car thefts I've suffered have dropped off the list!! :eek:

Also, after many phone calls today, a lot of companies appear to require 2 years NCB for the Type R (GT version).

·
Registered
172 Posts
:(
1 accident - other car drove off!
1 malicious damage claim / wheels stolen
1 vehicle stolen not recovered
1 sp30 speeding fine

Luckily, the three other car thefts I've suffered have dropped off the list!! :eek:

Also, after many phone calls today, a lot of companies appear to require 2 years NCB for the Type R (GT version).
Bloody hell!! :eek:

Not been too good for u then :( How did ALL of that stuff happen to you:confused:

Something that you arnt gonna like...
....is that i had a crash last week and this £940 quote is taking that into consideration.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ive just done a re-quote putting up the price of the claim which i was told how much today, :confused:

and its £1080 fully comp, £250 excess

for the 10 month bonus thingy its £987 fully comp, £250 excess

·
Registered
110 Posts
Bad luck on the crash.

At least you can feel better that your insurance is still cheaper than mine.

As I wrote my last post there was an article on the news about pay as you go insurance.

According to the website though it's not right for me due to the mileage I do:

http://www.payasyoudriveinsurance.co.uk/

My buggy is insured on a classic car insurance policy. Unfortunately though I don't get any NCB from it. :(

·
Registered
172 Posts
My buggy is insured on a classic car insurance policy. Unfortunately though I don't get any NCB from it. :(
Thats crap!

Yeah it was pretty bad, just me involved tho so made the whole process easier.

I did a 'fun' quote on a lambo gallardo and that was £3200, i thought that wasnt bad at all, only if i could afford the car!! lol :oops:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts