2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right,

A lot of controversy about the whole GruppeM thing - So what's the deal with the ScoopIn setup sold by DrivenCrazy?

I'm guessing with the way it's based your getting noise + gains (however small they may be)? or are you still loosing HP like normal open cone systems.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
noise is class on it..i sold mine to alan off the site along with the K&N apollo kit and the sucking noise is immense..he has that and a dastek remap and getting over 230bhp..so no signs of losing power there...

its a nice combo!

·
Registered
40 Posts
noise is class on it..i sold mine to alan off the site along with the K&N apollo kit and the sucking noise is immense..he has that and a dastek remap and getting over 230bhp..so no signs of losing power there...

its a nice combo!
hi fat4ymaybe you can answer this.why does everyone go for the hondata ecu.when theres destek(never heard of till this).which as from your post has brilliant gains.is it completely mappable or?cheers

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
it is totally mappable...i found brillaint gains on this as did my friend...if it is done proper you would find the same too..there are other mappable version out too...

revolution got something called hydra...think thats what its called and they recommend that as remappable...

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
So why does the Hondadata geyt all the plodits then?

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
because people might want that kick early on and rev out to 8600rpm...check out that gruppe m topic...big talk on that and hondata have come in on it ;)

dont get me wrong not that anything is wrong with it..i love the hondata..

·
Vtec'er
301 Posts
Has anybody got a price on this yet? Reading up, it looks like the stock induction and exhaust works fine :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
sounds good to me,with a mappable one,is there anyway to lower the vtec and extend the revs? or is that impossible as it piggy backs original ecu?
also if a perfect map is done on the mappable unit,wont that give better gains than hondata,as i read in earlier threads that hondata only gives a few bhp,
so is it a case of same vtec limits but more bhp and torque across the range vs hondata which is earlier vtec and later rev limit(if im making sense)
also the price comparison makes a big diff to me to

·
Registered
107 Posts
back on topic about the scoopin'! i am also intrested as i would love the gruppe m but i think it's to dear!
does the scoopin' fit to the standard airbox? i was looking to fit a performance panel filter and the scoopin' would this work?
or is it a feed for an induction kit!

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
it works for any filter or induction..its a cold air feed from the front bumper..i recommend it ;)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Worth considering the Scoop'In I think...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Fitted my scoopin the other day along with HKS hybrid panel filter.
I'm very happy :D, good fit and nice induction sound. The engine feels smoother and more responsive at low revs, and wilder in VTEC.:D

Two [smilie=superkewl.g: thumbs up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If i may ask were did you get your Scoop In from?

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
get it from joel from singapore...hes your man..

glad you like the scoopin-it really does make a difference if you have a combo of induction and scoop :)

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks ;) , i will give him a shout.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
ive just fitted a panel filter also, and im interested in one of these.
Does it just fit straight in?
is there anything that has to be done that might void the warranty?
thanks

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
na wont do anything on warrenty..you need to do a bit of cutting and relocate the resonator..its not that hard to be honest..just need the right tools and ramp to get the bumper off lol

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
i dont like open cone air filter inductions because of the loud noise.
thinking of putting on this scoopin with stock airbox and a Κ&Ν panel filter.
does anyone try that combination?
how is the noise without the stock resonator? is it loud like open inductions?
And what about gains with flashpro remmaping?
any help is much appreciated!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts