2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Acording to Banzai Mag, the new scorpion system gives 15 brake and 20NM....!!!

They have it on their project FN2.

If this is correct, its quite impressive for a Cat back, no other exhaust gave gains like this.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you believe in Father Christmas too?

I quite sure i said: "if this is correct"...!!!!!

SO, if you dont have any constructive comments, please, dont comment at all.

Thanks

·
P1259 ODB-II
267 Posts
Hang On. The article just quotes the standard Honda blurb for the bhp.

Then they only tell you the bhp the car got after the exhaust was fitted.

We all know the CTR FN2 is producing different bhps all above the Honda quoted figures.

Would have been nice to see that car do a standard run and then a run with the Scorpion exhaust.

That would have given us proper results.

I feel a pinch of salt is required.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
they only tell you the bhp the car got after the exhaust was fitted.

We all know the CTR FN2 is producing different bhps all above the Honda quoted figures.

Would have been nice to see that car do a standard run and then a run with the Scorpion exhaust.
i wouldnt say they are all producing different bph, more likely the innaccuracies in different rolling roads! they can be quite a few % off the real figure, some places actually let them overread on purpose so people go to them for better results.

but i totally agree with what your saying about the before and after results, then you can see the actual gains!

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Scorpion

I dont know about Scorpion car exhausts but I know Scorpion motorbike exhausts are not the best, far from it. budget exhausts is more like it.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
There is evidence on the "other" forum that on dyno-run days for EP3's and FN2's the EP3's were making 197BHP and the FN2's 210BHP+ on the same dyno.

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
There is evidence on the "other" forum that on dyno-run days for EP3's and FN2's the EP3's were making 197BHP and the FN2's 210BHP+ on the same dyno.
Mmmm I have seen this in the " Other Forum " but not sure if I beleive it though ?????

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
it is revolution motorsports project car
went down a few weeks ago to look at the system turns out the dyno results were run with a sport cat and a powerflow intake aswell as the cat back system

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
A good few years ago i had a scorpion exhaust on a RS turbo, it broke, they honoured the warranty, just a shame the replacement exhaust didnt fit my custom rear valance! Poor quality.

I will never touch scorpion again [smilie=thumbdown.g:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
revolution motorsport are offering 10% off the first 10 purchases though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts