2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Newbie!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
So whenever I drive slowly (around 20-30kmph tops) there is a scraping sound coming from the left side of my car, I think the front left wheel. It's a short scraping sound made every one wheel revolution,or so it sounds. Any idea what this might be? There is no similar sound when I'm braking and the brakes seem to be pretty snappy.:crying:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
If it's the same as I had it could be a stone between the brake dust guard or just the brake dust guard has moved slightly and and catching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is that particular brake disk shiny like the rest of them, or is it pitted/semi- rusted?

My thinking is: the piston inside the caliper is not retracting fully, meaning the pad is in constant contact with the disk. This would also explain why the noise disappears when you press the brake pedal.

Take the caliper off and have a look at it, lift the boot around the piston, if it is all rusted or scratched up, then it's time for a new caliper or a rebuild kit.

·
The Newbie!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, do you get any vibration or movement from The peddle when you press? Could be a warped disk
The disk is shiny like the others and there is no vibration whatsoever. I already checked those so I have to check the guards and probably some little stones that might have managed to get in there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts