2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok love my Civic but while sat in the passenger seat the the other day (the sat nag was driving) I noticed that my lovely concave plastic cover that houses the speedo,competer etc looked all scratched. While looking at it from the drivers seat you cant really notice but I not happy. My question is as anyone else had this happen to theirs ? and does anyone ever replaced the plastic? if so how much did it cost ? That part of the car is one of the best bits and the scratches make it look a right mess.:(

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
if your going to replace it you should get the same as i have on my ctr gt, its not the shiny black one but a grey almost carbon look, this doesnt scratch at all

the piano black facia is similar to my pioneer plasma casing and should only ever be cleaned with a micro fibre cloth or glasses cloth

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
if your going to replace it you should get the same as i have on my ctr gt, its not the shiny black one but a grey almost carbon look, this doesnt scratch at all

the piano black facia is similar to my pioneer plasma casing and should only ever be cleaned with a micro fibre cloth or glasses cloth
Hes referring to the clear perspex:
I noticed that my lovely concave plastic cover that houses the speedo,competer etc looked all scratched

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all just ploughed through the other threads regarding the scratches. I will print out some of the posts to take as evidence on getting mine replaced. I will post how I get on. cheers

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well with all the evidence on the forum to support you, the dealer will have to see things your way. Polite but very firm, and not taking no for an answer, is the best way to approach it.
Last time I needed something yhat I expected to pay for my stealer said no charge ! Untill I went to collect it and he had changed his mind:rolleyes:

Pot luck what mood they are in I suppose

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I replaced the both the surrounding facia and plastic rev counter cover.

Was a real ball ache, not so much fitting the parts, as this was fairly straight forward but more so re fitting the white pipe that sits below the following bit of plastic:

A word of caution if you try to tackle this yourself - Unclip the plastic but do not pull it away from your dash straight away, instead try to remove the white hose sitting behind the vents first. I made the mistake of pulling away the plastic without removing the white pipe. The pipe came out of the dashboard still attached to the plastic cover and getting the pipe back on is a nightmare. In the end i gave up and it cost me £57 to get it sorted by the dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts