2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving yesterday when a STUPID person didnt look where they were driving and cut me up causing me to brake sharply and our front bumpers coming into contact causing a slight scruff/scratch on my front bumper on the right hand side.

I have used T cut which has removed about 85% of the scratch but I cant get the last few scratches out, has anyone got any advice or tips on how to remove the remaining few??

Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesnt look to be down to the undercoat just the top layer(s) of paint but i dont want to go mad with the T cut incase it leaves more scratches. I cant get any pics up as my camera is broken on my phone.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
You will have removed a lot of Clear Coat..Probably too much
The 'Cut' in T-Cut is too aggressive for soft paint..Honest!!
i'm not talking a large area with heavy aggresive 'rubbing' just marks/scratches, using minimal product and minimal pressure..

No damage to the clear coat, would not recommend t-cut for larger 'damage'

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I've got scratches on my bumper too after hitting a hoody on his bike, should of finished him off as he was riding at night with no lights and a hood on. lol

I couldn't get all the scratches out either, the paint is so soft on all Hondas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.