2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The missus noticed tonight that some scumbag has keyed the passenger side of my car. There is about 4-6 inches on the front door and about 10-12 on the rear. It has gone through to the primer so polishing out is not an option. I have never had a smart repair done, are they any good and how much would it cost? Is it worth trying Langka blob eliminator if I fill the scratch with a touch up pen?

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Since it's on 2 panels bud I would advise against a scratch repair job. I tried chips away when someone did mine last year, to cut a long story short he made a dogs dinner of it, so I got a full refund.

Find a good recommend body shop near you and see what they say. Most sprayers these days can match any colour, no probs.

They should quote you between £200 - £300 for the job, providing you don't have any dents in the panel.

Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate. Cant do anything about it until early next year anyway, so will see what a few bodyshops advise.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I had a scratch on my milano red that was about two inch long. The dealer that I bought the car from had touched it up using his fingers by the look of it.

I used Blob Eliminator on it and your would be hard pressed to know it was there.

The length of your scratch would make me wary though as it does take some elbow greese.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts