2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a little incident on Saturday night...

Stopped on the way back from Glos to Essex, to fill up the car - in the pouring rain. Went to pay for the diesel and in a puddle of rain just outside the door, I slipped and fell. I'd have gone right over, if not for an Ibiza that was parked next to me. I put my hand out, which happened to have my key in it... and you guessed it :( She now has about a 10cm scratch across her car door.

Gave my details, we've been in email and phone contact this morning. Her father has a contact locally who does scratch repairs and apparently she's got a verbal quote of up to £150 off him (but could easily be less, depends when he sees it). I've also looked up Chips Away in the Oxford area and sent her the link to get a quote off them.

Just wondered if anyone else had any scratch repairer contacts in the Oxon area that I can put her in touch with? She doesn't want to go through her insurance as this will then count against her in future. I've been advised by public liability insurers (comes with our house insurance) that she would have to prove negligence on my part. I don't really want to do this as it sounds like loads of hassle for us both for something that's not looking likely to be massively expensive - and I'd rather keep it as amicable as possible.

Want to try to get it done and dusted from my side, as we're away from 26th July. Was rather hoping that all spare cash could be spending money for the holiday :(

Thanks in advance guys for any help / advice.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
ive used the chip away person in the north oxfordshire area before and he did a good job on my wheels, didnt overcharge infact quoted higher then i ended up paying.

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Regan. She's just emailed me to let me know she's waiting on a quote from Chips Away. Hopefully we can get this sorted - I mentioned we'd be going away and she said she totally understood - so it sounds like we're both trying to be pleasant and reasonable about this.

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update for anyone that's interested: she's been quoted £120 for the repair, so I've said to go ahead and have the guy call me any day after Tues (as that's payday).

We thanked each other for being reasonable and no-one throwing their toys out of the pram, job done, everyone's happy(ish). Best outcome that could have been hoped for. Wish things always sorted themselves out this way :)

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
yeh good thing there are some people out there to dont take the biscuit!! I got hit my a uninsured driver who had just bought his car that day as was on his way home, even showed me proof. Kinda felt for him and he did end up paying £600 of damage soon as i got a quote. Could have taken him to court and the rest of it but my morals wouldnt let me as much as i hate uninsured drivers.

Glad you got it all sorted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts