2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My red type r honda civic has a scratch near the bonnet which is not deep. However, the colour is white and i have tried tcut to remove it but the white mark will not come off. I have checked with my nail to see how deep it is, but it does not even feel as if its a scratch because it is smooth. Does anyone have any suggestions to try and remove it, or does the white mean it has gone to the surface.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
My red type r honda civic has a scratch near the bonnet which is not deep. However, the colour is white and i have tried tcut to remove it but the white mark will not come off. I have checked with my nail to see how deep it is, but it does not even feel as if its a scratch because it is smooth. Does anyone have any suggestions to try and remove it, or does the white mean it has gone to the surface.
I have had this and i posted something similar on here.

First of T-Cut is not for Honda paint will will do more damage!

I used Meguiars Scratch ex 2.0 on a foam pad to cut it in, followed by Auto Glym Super polish (this has does correction and fills).

That should do the job :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will give that ago then, i have tried nearly everything, g3 finishing compound, red paste but nothing will get it off

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
i will give that ago then, i have tried nearly everything, g3 finishing compound, red paste but nothing will get it off
The Meguiars Scratch x 2.0 isnt the strongest stuff but i wouldn't be going too harsh with the thin Honda paint.

Just take it easy and build on it.

Finishing compund wouldnt do much as it is to finish after polishing so it wont cut in so much.

Best thing to do is post in the Cleaning section (Cleaning - Civinfo), there are a few guru's on here and they will put you in the right direction.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this might be a stupid question but would white spirits get off the mark? Or would it rip off the paint work

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,664 Posts
As already suggested, use Scratch X, or a dedicated polish such as Gtechniq P1 or Scholl S17. Don't use whit spirits ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts