2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, praise be to Barretts Honda in Canterbury.

They had a look at the scratches on my dash and took some photos.

They immediately sent the photos through to Honda UK and they have agreed to replace the whole lot under warranty.

The parts guy said several owners have had theirs replaced because of the scratching that happens when you clean the dash.

So, hey everyone, get down to your dealer and put a warranty claim in!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Great news, so basically Honda are admitting a similar "Apple iPod Nano" materials used ****-up and if you scratch it while cleaning it you can have it replaced :)

What are they going to do once you are out of warranty though???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Fedorov.

I have written a letter to Honda UK suggesting they look at sourcing a new material for the instrument visor, because the problem wont go away.

The scratches do polish out with a bit of patience, but my stand point is why should I have to continually do this when the material they have used for the visor is not suitable.

I will probably trading my car in at the end of the warranty period anyway, so hopefully by then things may have changed.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Cleaning

Praise to Barrates of Canterbury??? :evil:

I remember reading in one blog (Not this one!) earlier this year that it was one of the most complained about Honda dealers in the South East.

I suppose they must do something right sometimes!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Charles.

Problem is that people are more likely to complaint about things than they are to give credit when things are done well. So therefore it is only right that I give Barretts Honda some good feedback on here.

Just out of interest do you know what the gripes were that you have seen elsewhere?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Cleaning

Mr. Lovedog

As far as I can remember the blog said things like:

When official complaint was made to the company the reply was 'Well you can always go somewhere else!' that satement also was heard from someone high up in Honda.

Complaints also included charging for things that hadn't been done on a service.

Customer was told on a completely failed engine 'Its £100 an hour how long do you want us to wiork on it?

Couldn't MOT your seat belts - you've got a kiddie seat fitted!

Repairs not carried out correctly.

.......and thats just what I remember!

Everyone makes mistakes but those guys in Canterbury didn't really seem to care!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting, as I have never had any problems with them, and I have had three cars from them now- two TYPE R's and my new civic, guess Im one of the lucky ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts