2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
!-!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Unsure which section this is meant to be in but mods feel free to move.

Right, me being a dumb idiot or maybe its the small turnings Inside carparks but leaving a shopping centre today I went a bit too wide and scraped my splitter and bumper bit that connects to the splitter (if that makes sense.)

The locking mechanism clip that locks it to the car has been broken. Just want to know what could be done about it? Would I need a new splitter or bumper and also could it be repairs or pop to honda get the whole thing replaced?

Pictures:

Sent from my iPhone 6 *tester* using TapaTalk

Attachments

·
!-!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could be repaired, but you will need have the wheel arch and the splitter resprayed, unless your happy with the un-even paint of a touch up kit (they are awful)
You think looking for a body shop could be good or take it to honda?

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Sorry to see this matey just been through the same thing myself - Just get a new arch and splitter they will come painted and cost about the same as a good respray.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Not sure how easy the clip will be to fix, I broke one of mine in the same place and Honda informed me it would need a replacement arch trim. To be fair it will be a similar amount for a respray so can just do that - although as mine was just the clip and no paint damage it has been fine just left without the clip.

Not sure how much the splitter is but can't be much more than a respray; although a body shop may be able to address just the affected area if you're lucky.

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Thanks mate, couldn't look it up from my phone last night.

Amazed that the price of the splitter is so much higher than the bumper!
Definitely worth getting it resprayed in that case.

·
!-!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow @ Prices.

Will take it to Honda in the weekend and a body shop to get an estimate :)
I will report back what the stealers i mean dealers say and body shop :)

Thanks for your help.

P.S . Mikes wise words....don't go Lewisham shopping centre. :)

·
!-!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to see this matey just been through the same thing myself - Just get a new arch and splitter they will come painted and cost about the same as a good respray.
Cab you believe I aint had the time to do neither as I work mon-sat.

But hopefully I get next Saturday off as I'll be taking it yo honda to get my master clutch cylinder done then on to a body shop.

But let's say I end up buying a new front splitter and side arch how easy is it to fit on? Ain't there a way to just get it fixed?

The plastic bits on splitter has been broken though so that's why the arch can't clip into the splitter and the arch can't clip on the wheel side too as it broke.

Would honda uk be the best place to get the arch / splitter or anyone know a good scrappers round london and I'll keep a lookout?

·
!-!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P.s

Is the side called a side arch? Trying to ebay it and see nothing.

Also...how comes some of the splitters have the black grill thing whereas some don't? Does the black grill thingy - come included in the splitter?

Check here:

With grille: ebay item no: 200760190616

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=200760190616&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=90398208076

Without : item no 200773569548

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=200773569548&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=50271489759

Thank you

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Gutted for you there mate, i did the same thing on my old type S, it was a new wheel arch job as i dont think the clips can be bought or repaired or something??

The job cost me £200 including a re spray for the wheel arch too

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Just drill some holes in the arch part thats come away, and some holes in the splitter. Use plasticuffs to stitch the 2 parts together then with a permanent marker write 'Chicks Dig Scars' next to it. job done ;)

On a serious note, bummed for you mate. Hope it gets sorted soon

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
I've done something similar. So just bought a new splitter and I'm in search of a passenger side front arch too :-(

Sent from my iPhone.

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
Cab you believe I aint had the time to do neither as I work mon-sat.

But hopefully I get next Saturday off as I'll be taking it yo honda to get my master clutch cylinder done then on to a body shop.

But let's say I end up buying a new front splitter and side arch how easy is it to fit on? Ain't there a way to just get it fixed?

The plastic bits on splitter has been broken though so that's why the arch can't clip into the splitter and the arch can't clip on the wheel side too as it broke.

Would honda uk be the best place to get the arch / splitter or anyone know a good scrappers round london and I'll keep a lookout?

I scuffed my front splitter the other month and thought sod it and ordered myself the GP pack its a must for the FN2 looks stunning and comes ready painted with the grilles in and fitting instructions, it totally changes the look of your car. Contact COX Honda on here and ask for there best price for the GP pack and the wing cover be about what Honda would charge to repair your problem, and your car will not only be repaired it will have a totally new look. And im sure there will be someone on here who could help you

·
I-VTEC everyday ;)
562 Posts
ahhh sorry to see that! I done the EXACT same thing in the stupid Lewisham shopping centre carpark! But my arches didn't pop out lols.

·
!-!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ahhh sorry to see that! I done the EXACT same thing in the stupid Lewisham shopping centre carpark! But my arches didn't pop out lols.
Another LewisHam shopping centre accident lol.

Ooh does the gp pack fit the splitter and arch too?

What does it consist of? (Gp pack)

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts

The GP pack is a honda upgrade and is a direct replacement, it IS the lower splitters of your front and rear bumpers THE bit you have scuffed (you will need to order the wing surround as you have damaged it) but i bet any money this would still be cheaper than getting yours repaired from honda. The whole of your lower front end will be replaced NOT your main bumper with the fogs on. Pics below (not the fiat)
THIS IS NOT MY CAR

FRONT

REAR

·
I-VTEC everyday ;)
562 Posts

yup was well gutted when that happend, didn't go back there for months! lols.

The GP pack As Dweezle said, it's the whole lower splitter for front and rear.
So you could get a gp pack and a new front right arch it's approx £90 painted from Honda, because you would probably pay about the same for a respray.
Changing the splitters is a easy job too! (Done it in the rain too! :cool:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts