2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2.2ES back on Friday: it had been at the bodyshop for a complete strip down of the rear drivers side door and respray on account of Honda doing a complete botch job of a repair at the factory.

I recall thinking what a nice job they had done of cleaning the interior of the car, until tonight that is when the sun was on the speedo at the back, the one that shows the mpg. It had some white residue on it which I managed to wipe off very, very carefully. So I know that they cleaned the speedo too. Now it is very scratched all over and since a few days have elapsed since I picked the car up I guess I can't prove they did the damage. Anyway getting to the point - is it possible to remove scratches from the rear speedo or is it reflective on the whole surface? The main scratches are on the darker areas rather than the lighter mpg display area itself.

I also seem to have now picked up a 1cm long scratch on the windscreen.
Nothing has hit me whilst I've been in the car and I had to use the wipers this morning in the rain so maybe something was on the wiper blade - damn it! So any recommendations on glass repairers would be good. I've used a company called Glasweld before and they did a good job.

It just feels like one issue gets fixed and two more appear at the moment.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
THe clear plastic screen has a film all over it, so not much can be done about that, other than a replacement.
Pop into your local double glazing company ( where they make the the actual sealed units) and ask if they will sell you a tiny bottle full of diamond paste, which they use for removing scratches from glass.
I removed a large scratch from my windscreen in the shape of the wiper blade arc.
Do a search for --- scratched windscreen, as I did a "How To" on it some time ago.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts