2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own 2007 Civic TypeR and in the middle 2008 I notice fine scraches on windscreen, on area where wipers turn around. The scraches continue to almost middel of the windscreen. Scraches have the same path as the wipers

I report problem to my dealer, and they make a waranty request for a complaint. After a month or two I get a call to show the car to the importer. There they confirmed the warranty. By the end of 2008, they replaced windscreen. Until now everything OK.

However, now I have the same problem. After one month and a half windscreen has same scraches as before.

Now, they are unwilling to recognize the guarantee and repaire or replace the windscreen.
They argue that this is external influence, and that this is happening only to my car.

I wonder if someone else also notice scraches on windscreen?

Bye

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Yes, I have them, had them on previous car as well.
Generally dust and dirt gets on the screen and is rubbed by the wiper blade which eventually leaves these scratches.
Its worst when there is only a little rain and you get that dirty spray off the tyres of vehicles in front. It then acts as a grinding paste unless you use lots of washer fluid to get the dirt in suspension in the fluid as the wiper blades move across the screen.

Rainex helps stopping this as the dirt is less likely to stick to the screen.

A regular use of good glass polish cleans the dirt out of the scratches and makes them less visible but really there isn't much you can do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that, but..

I know that, but on my previous cars (Honda Jazz and Twingo) after 2 or 3 years on the same roads, there is no scraches at all!

What do you say about that?

Bye

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have stratches all over my drivers side screen. It was in for its 1st service today. They said it needed a new windscreen wiper. Because it was a dull day the scratches were not visible so there was little I could complain about. However as soon as the sun comes out the car is almost undrivable when driving into the sun.

I have never had this before. Honda's advice was to make sure that when my insurance replaces the windscreen they replace it with a genuine Honda one.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I got one as well. Some dirt stuck on the wiper blade probably did that...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Compare to other cars

But if all of you compare number of scraches on yout civic windscreen and some other car?
I compared number of scraches wit Honda Jazz 2005 and Twingo 2001 and none of them have even one.

I'm traying to point out that quality of the windscreen in civic are bad and that are more abrasive that should be.

Bye

·
Registered
220 Posts
But if all of you compare number of scraches on yout civic windscreen and some other car?
I compared number of scraches wit Honda Jazz 2005 and Twingo 2001 and none of them have even one.

I'm traying to point out that quality of the windscreen in civic are bad and that are more abrasive that should be.

Bye
I have to agree with you there. My screen scratches far easier than any other screen I have ever had. Wiper scores are terrible. There is no point in mentioning this to HONDA as they will give the usual response:rolleyes:.

I know dirt and wipers is a bad combo but two previous cars never suffered as bad and were driven on the same roads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts