2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My car got scratched badly on one side today! :mad:

The dents are not that deep, I think it's just surface paint that is out, but still, it's highly visible.

What would be the best way to deal with this please? Could the experts here advise me a product for the Civic 2012 Black model? What scratch remover is the best pls? Or is there another way?

·
Administrator
15,519 Posts
Hi guys,

My car got scratched badly on one side today! :mad:

The dents are not that deep, I think it's just surface paint that is out, but still, it's highly visible.

What would be the best way to deal with this please? Could the experts here advise me a product for the Civic 2012 Black model? What scratch remover is the best pls? Or is there another way?

Hi, you could try Gtechniq P1 by hand or by machine there are loads of polishes out there. All depends how deep the scratches are. If you can feel them with your fingernail then i'd say they are to deep to remove, a polish will help make them less visible but they will still be there if too deep

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks.

In the alternative, do you have an idea how much it would cost to go to a honda dealer or a garage please?
and yes... I can definitely feel them with my fingernails, so they are deep I guess. Actually, it went into the primer because the paint is gone, I can see the grey primer

Oh and sorry another question. I've searched for bodyshops online and they ask for the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). Do you know where to find this please?

·
Administrator
15,519 Posts
thanks.

In the alternative, do you have an idea how much it would cost to go to a honda dealer or a garage please?
and yes... I can definitely feel them with my fingernails, so they are deep I guess. Actually, it went into the primer because the paint is gone, I can see the grey primer

Oh and sorry another question. I've searched for bodyshops online and they ask for the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). Do you know where to find this please?
Sounds like the area needs a respray if youve gone through to base coat, no idea on cost really but ring around for quotes. the vin number i think is usually by the bottom of the windscreen or stamped on a plate under the bonnet

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah that's what I was afraid of. Have to find quotes... hope it won't be too expensive

thanks to all

·
Registered
56 Posts

I had a nasty surprise a couple of months after I got my shiny new car. Came back and saw that someone had scuffed against me and made a bit of a mess of my rear quarter. Tried to post a pic, but don't know how you do that here.

I just used ChipsAway. Chap came to the house and gave a free quote - mine involved a bit of filling and respray. I was ok with the price, so he came back when requested, put an awning over the back of the car and a few hours later, all was good. Cost was £145. I'd obviously rather have not had to do it, but very pleased with the results so far, i.e. you'd never know what kind of mess was once there.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah thanks, i'll do that too, no other option. Except that the quotes I got were more around £250! Hard to swallow.

Right now, i've applied a stupid Halford Scratch Kit specific to my car's paint color so it doesn't show that much and wait until I have some money to waste to repair it correctly.

Tell me one thing though please: How long is what you had done supposed to last for? Do you have to respray like every year or so or is it permanent?

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Tell me one thing though please: How long is what you had done supposed to last for? Do you have to respray like every year or so or is it permanent?

If you're referring to the work bikeeandy has had done, that'll be a permanent fix. :)

Reactions: tierix

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
so bad...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts