2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Since buying my 2006 2.2 i-cdti a month ago, it has had a new clutch, new manifold (thanks to Honda) and a leaking injector seal replaced...

Car is running well (albeit with a tiny hesitation on low acceleration - EGR is going to be cleaned out next week, thanks to the great How-to guides and advice on here, so hopefully that'll improve things, as I doubt it's been cleaned out in its 95,000 mile lifetime!)

Just one thing remains, and it's baffling me. There seems to be a scratchy, metallic sound coming from the top of the Aux Belt pulleys. It's loud enough to be heard over the usual chug of the diesel lump and I'm just not sure if I should be hearing this? Can someone please tell me if it sounds ok and like the other 2.2s? I've not owned a diesel before so, sorry for the pure ignorance.

Other threads (Type R) suggest the PCV valve failing, but does the 2.2 have a PCV valve?

It doesn't sound like a timing chain rattle or anything, more like a rubbing. Perhaps a bearing?

Anyway, took a video of it; the last few seconds give the 'true-est' sound it's making.

Thanks for any advice or ideas.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I have the same thing on mine, think it's the tensioner pulley bearing. Just need to get round to changing the pulley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, Makes me feel better i'm not alone!
I guess i'll live with it for now then, but may check the pulley at some stage soon.
It is quite a noisy engine compared to other diesels. I've read a few members on here also saying this. But I can't fault the performance. Love the torque it gives, just a pity it feels like it runs out of beans as you climb the rev band.
A stage 1 remap is very tempting - reading a few posts on here about Celtic tuning makes me wanna drive the 700 mile round trip to Cornwall!
Oh that, and the Martellius (?) exhaust to go with it...hmmm...I've just had a new clutch fitted; need to find out what model it is to then see if it'll handle a remap?
Does anyone know if the latest replacement clutch would take it? I didn't ask specifically for Honda's latest, improved clutch to be fitted, I'm just crossing fingers it was. (Done by independent garage)

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
People have had success with the 325 on a stage one. Currently there is an after market clutch war going on between cg and competition clutch so prices are really good. TDI north fit them and remap. Their track record is very good also if you don't want to do the round trip. I'm awaiting stock from TDI north so I can book mine in.
I don't find the revrange bad in 3rd and 4th. You can get to a high mph just in 3rd

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rastaman, yeah I've heard the clutch war going on!

My clutch is 3 weeks old so I'm hoping it's the improved one that doesn't slip so bad. My egr is due a good clean, just had gaskets through so will prob crack on next week. Should make the revs a touch more responsive. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts