2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last winter I chose to use Halfords Blue screenwash and the stuff leaves a thick white scum when it dries and I would hate to think what it is doing to the filter.

Is this happening because the old Honda screenwash has mixed in with the Halfords stuff?

Do I need to flush the screenwash out with water?

Has anyone had the same experience?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does sound more like hard water to me.
It even looks like very hard water but it's not becuase the stuff I use is always ready mixed. It also builds up after time around the winddscreen getting thicker and thicker. I will follow scaramanga into flushing it all out and trying again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a similar experience after a while, my windscreen always had this white film over it and I think it is because I used hard water and a bad product which mixed with the older products I used. Also had a bad time cleaning the inside of that windscreen because some time ago a dumb friend sprayied this kind of deodorant all over the front seats spotting my windscreen with white dots.

Fortunately pain is no more, got hit by a rock on the highway and got my windscreen replaced with a new one :grin2:

·
i-Vtec
2,537 Posts
Couldn't say its something ive ever come across either, but I must admit I always wait till my washer bottle is empty before adding a different brand of washer fluid.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now I have flushed it all out and all is normal. I just think it was an unfortunate reaction...

I must admit I always wait till my washer bottle is empty before adding a different brand of washer fluid.
I just looked at my last Honda service from the main dealer and it said they had added non-honda spec screenwash! Then I added the Halford in when empty but I remember the Halfords instantly reacting and foaming up possibly because of the residue of the old stuff so waiting until empty may not always work.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
iv'e gone off halfords screenwash it's blocked mine and the wifes car windscreen washers with sludge :(

i made up a few litres of halfords concentrated screenwash used some of it and put the rest to one side for another day
by the time i needed to fill up again the made up bottle had already started to leave a black sludge type film at the bottom of the bottle which is a sure sign that's exactly whats blocked both cars windscreen washers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts