2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've noticed that my screenwash has started to have a weird smell to it lately when I pull back the stick to clean the windshield. Does anyone know how best I can empty and clean out the reservoir and pipes so I can get rid of the smell?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
remove the front bumper and youll see the tank along with the pump that holds the solution. Take off the pump and youll be left with what is a circular mess filter that empties the tank. Clean the filter, pop it back in and pop on the pump to stop it coming back up with liquid when you fill it up.

Pop in the amount of clean fresh water into the tank, before so pop in a baby bottle steriliser tab or some sterling fluid and leave to sit for half an hour. Remove the pump, and the filter and allow this to drain.

Reassemble and fill with good quality screen wash (i do not recommend prestone as it clogs), such as SOnax 1:100 clearvision

·
Registered
11 Posts
My washers stopped working about a month ago and I had the access the washer reservoir to clean out the filter (it was thick with slime!), while it was all off I stuck the hosepipe in and left it running with a bucket under the car and i really could not believe the crap that came out!.
Anyway, instead of removing the front bumper I actually got to mine by removing the driver's side wheel and wheel arch lining, works perfect if you just want to get to the filter without removing the entire reservoir. Just remember though to keep a note of where all the clips from the wheel arch lining go as some are different sizes and I found it out the hard way!

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts