2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just scuffed my front nearside wheel on the kerb coming out of a multi storey carpark!
The scuff is not that bad, but annoying all the same.
Apart from paying someone to sort it out, is there a convenient DIY method to get the wheel back to pristine condition?
Had a quick search on the internet, but all I am coming up with is professional repairs.
A trip to Halfords might give me a clue, but can't get there until tomorrow.
Thanks
Simon

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Honda100 said:
I have just scuffed my front nearside wheel on the kerb coming out of a multi storey car park!
Apart from paying someone to sort it out, is there a convenient DIY method to get the wheel back to pristine condition?
Had a quick search on the Internet, but all I am coming up with is professional repairs.
Thanks
Simon
As far as I know, repairs have to be done professionally. They grind the area around the scuff away, and polish it up and re-lacquer it. It actually is not that expensive, I've heard.

I may be proved wrong, but I'd be careful if there is a home DIY kit. I wouldn't like to do that without training, could make it worse!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
I did axactly the same in my Golf. Did'nt damage the rim, but scuff would'nt come off. Had to get Prestige Wheels (tel. 07970 622933). Came and did the repair on my drive, £50 cash. I don't do vat.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I will have a look at what, if anything, Halfords can offer and take it from there.
£50 sounds a reasonable amount. Yellow pages here we come!
Simon

·
Registered
137 Posts
Honda100 said:
I have just scuffed my front nearside wheel on the kerb coming out of a multi storey carpark!
Had a quick search on the internet, but all I am coming up with is professional repairs.
Thanks
Simon
i've got the 17in alloys fitted ,salesman told me "what ever u do dont scuff your alloys they cant be repaired" :shock:
dont no if he was bullsh##ng but i'am extra careful when near kerbs :cry: sorry to hear about ur alloy

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yep yep, same here .. busted the front right tire, Goddamn kerbs! :evil:

Mine wasnt bad though, if there even a bit of braking dust you cant even see it :).

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I haven't checked, but have the tyres on the Civic not got rim protectors? The Laguna had them, hit the kerb one day so fast I ripped the rim protector bead thing off the tyre for about 3cm and the wheel was perfect.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Just had a check out of the window, couldn't quite make it out from here, so I got my binoculars out, still couldn't see, didn't get chance, unfortunately I was spotted by a neighbour who was in her garden enjoying the sun :shock: , I bet she thinks I am a right perv, still must remember that, she obvisouly doesn't work on a Friday afternoon.

I will have a better look later............ at the tyres. :wink:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I wasn't thinking about ladybirds, couldn't help thinking about our Finnish friends, and being breast drunk.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
elfa7 said:
You could tell her your a Ladybird expert :lol:

Was thinking earlier... that the back of the civic, from a 3/4 angle looks a bit like a ladybird ;)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
basegreen said:
Was thinking earlier... that the back of the civic, from a 3/4 angle looks a bit like a ladybird ;)
That must be why they are so attracted to Civics!
They think it's their gigantic cousin!

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Think the ladybird could definately become the logo for Civnfo :lol:

·
Registered
975 Posts
i want it as the logo come on pottsy lol

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can't imagine that you would not be able to repair a slight scuff. As previous posts I am sure that it will just be a smoothing and relaquering job. Luckily it is on a bit scuffed on the rim, and no as far as I can see there is no rim protector.
Simon

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I am so worried I am going to scuff my 18" Storms when I get them! Not just them I would like the car to go with them

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Nevermind the wheels, get back to Ladybirds. :wink:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts