2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some work in Glasgow yesterday, when I got back to my car after leaving it parked in a busy street some lowlife scum had but a rock through my window and stolen all my Cd's sat nav and ipod. The Sat nav and ipod were in the boot. they had climbed in through the window and pulled the back seat down.
In the process of smashing the window they also managed to put two very deep dents in the door.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
How in earth did they crease the door like that.

As you say - absolute scum.

Did they know what was in the boot ? Did they see you leaving it ?

·
Vtec'er
301 Posts
Absolute b*stards !!! Is there no CCTV cameras about if it was a busy street?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
They need their legs broken! You just can't leave these cars anywhere, I have to think twice before parking my car.
They make you mad, I'd love to catch one of these scumbags one day, they would be very sorry indeed!

·
Registered
105 Posts
i feel for you mate, some prick kicked my door mirrors off last summer for no reason, cost me 250 quid. Also someone thought it would be dead funny to smash loads of glass on the end of my drive. Another fool un did all my wheel nuts except for the locking nut, luckily i saw the nuts near the wheel on the floor or it could of been game over for me. Theres some real scumbags out there, i bet they were watching you put your sat nav and ipod in the boot and waited until you left the car un attended.

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a busy street, for those of you that know Glasgow it was St Vincent Street, It was a lump of rock that they use I think they threw it at the window hence the dents in the door probably kept missing,(out of their heads on drugs or something).
Called the police and they didn't want to know, gave me a crime number for insurance over the phone and that was it!
I never saw anybody hanging around when I parked the car so I don't know if they saw me or not.

·
Noodle-slave
194 Posts
This really sucks. I'm very afraid of something like this to happen too as long as I live in the city, so I'm very picky about where I park my car and always keep an eye on my parkinglot from the window when I'm home. But you still never know, especially in your case where it even happened on a busy street! That's some attitude man.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
How sad and how entirely predictable that the police aren't in the least interested in this crime.

Perhaps they're afraid.

·
Registered
208 Posts
lets bring back the Hammurabi's laws and cut thief's hands!!!

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Anyone like these scum, who are capable of working but choose to make other peoples life a misery, should be removed from the gene pool.

Hope it gets sorted soon mate

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was doing some work in Glasgow yesterday, when I got back to my car after leaving it parked in a busy street some lowlife scum had but a rock through my window and stolen all my Cd's sat nav and ipod. The Sat nav and ipod were in the boot. they had climbed in through the window and pulled the back seat down.
In the process of smashing the window they also managed to put two very deep dents in the door.

if you can remeber the serial number of ** ipod make sure you send it to apple as stolen. cos u have to register ** Ipod when they pickup stolen ones they send out a bit of script that kills the ipod when its next plugged into the computer ( thats what i think happens any way.)

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Thats terrible! So much damage so that some lowlife can make a few pounds out of your possessions for their next fix :mad:

I always use secure carparks when parking in any urban area even if it involves a long walk. I'd rather pay a premium for parking and know my car is safe.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts