2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2013 ES-T and loving the car. However the Sat nav has twice now shown me in a completely different part of London. The only way I could get myself back on track was to manually re-configure my position using the "arrows".

When I look up my GPS location on the unit it tells me it's not connected to any satellites and is trying to acquire one.

Anyone else had this problem? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Is your date & time set correctly?
If your time is substantially off, it can lead to it not being able to find satellite positions.

I'm fairly sure there is a diagnostic mode that can be accessed which shows sattelite positions & reception, which would let you see if the antenna is operating correctly, but I'm not sure how to access it:- Perhaps that's something @Bog can help you with, the head unit wizard he is.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
To be honest it happens to me sometimes, but it normally sorts itself after a few minutes or an engine restart. I'm not sure but I think it's to do with the GPS unit being separate to the head unit and it losing connection.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all - drove it down to see my folks on the coast and took it to Honda in Poole. Just before I dragged someone out did a quick check and it had acquired plenty of satellites. Luckily I checked before I looked too much like an idiot!

Still prefer to use Google Maps or Waze due to the traffic info but at least this one works as back up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts