2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Recently purchased a copy seaker spoiler. I'm in the process of getting it painted as I brought it primed.

My question is, whats the best way to fit it?

I've noticed on the forum people have brought one and fitted it but no-ones really done a write up of their experience. Some people using the double sided tape others using a bonding agent.

Just wondering if its worth tackling myself of letting a garage do it for me...

·
Enjoying life
8,531 Posts
Quite straightforward to do. Personally I would use sikaflex, I've got some to stick my carbon seeker on with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the stuff come off easy? last time I used a silicone sealant on my car I made a right mess.

Thing is with it being a copy, the two side bits of the spoiler toe in at the points which puts me off using a bonding agent as I don't think it'll hold long enough in position before it sets.

I'll probably have a bash at it when it warms up a little.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I used double sided gorilla tape from toolstation and it's held fine for months, make sure you clean the spoiler and then put some heavy objects on the seeker once in place.

·
CTR
538 Posts
As above, either sikaflex or heavy duty tape. Let me know the outcome as tempted to buy similar one from eBay

·
Registered
94 Posts
I also have the replica seeker spoiler. Just had it sprayed paint. So i will be tryin to fit it when the weather is right.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I bought a seeker copy of eBay for a £90 and it was very poor copy so sent it back. It didn't sit proper at all and pointed inwards where it meets the screen.

Second one cost me £180 and to be honest, it's not much better. Although it fits better, the quality of the mould is very poor.

Once painted it did look bad. I've used quick drying mastic that I had left over from doing the bathroom.

·
Registered
94 Posts
To fit the seeker spoiler would need g clamps to make a perfect fit. As i fitted it first with masket tape and it wasnt bonded so well. So rebond it again with g clamps. Now perfect!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeh mine was a cheap one off eBay and it too points inwards. Just couldn't justify the bigger price if I didn't like it...

once I get it dipped (decided to get it carbon dipped :p) I'll have a whack at fitting it.

Think I'll use some double sided tape to get It positioned correctly, clamp it and then put some sikaflex or other sealant around the outside edge to protect from any ingress of crap.

Probs wont get it done until the end of Jan, but if I remember I'll take photos and let you all know how I got on (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts