2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I don't know if you guys encountered the same problem as me, but the forum "search" isn't working so well in the last month or so :confused::confused::confused: Almost every word/phrase I try to search, leaves me with ''no matches''. I don't know if it's just me or some other members are experiencing the same difficulties?

J.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
sometimes its easier to use google as it lists all the civinfo searches too but better if that makes sense.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Put this into Google instead, without the <>. The google results are often better

site:civinfo.com <searchterms>

·
Super Moderator
21,043 Posts
There has been an ongoing issue from day 1 with search terms that include words that are under 5 letters.

Pottsy tried to get this resolved about 8 years ago.

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
There has been an ongoing issue from day 1 with search terms that include words that are under 5 letters.

Pottsy tried to get this resolved about 8 years ago.

Out of curiousity why cant we search for anything under 5 letters?

It it becaue of load on the server as loads of search results will show?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Out of curiousity why cant we search for anything under 5 letters?

It it becaue of load on the server as loads of search results will show?
On a lot of sites it's restricted to three letters and below as invalid, so that words like "and", "the" etc don't come up and result in junk searches.

For some reason it's set to 5 on here? Didn't know that.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I think we are restricted to 3 letters actually. It's so that you don't get millions of search results, I believe.

·
Super Moderator
21,043 Posts
I know about the deliberate short words as mentioned but in my memory is an apology that it was a bug.
Wonder if I can find the original post?

The best I can find is a post by Pottsy on 15th Feb 2009. It does look like 4 is the minimum. However, if you want to drill down into 3 letters or less then use the Google search function at the bottom of the advanced page.

I can't provide a link to the above post as I'm not on the PC.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I know about the deliberate short words as mentioned but in my memory is an apology that it was a bug.
Wonder if I can find the original post?

The best I can find is a post by Pottsy on 15th Feb 2009. It does look like 4 is the minimum. However, if you want to drill down into 3 letters or less then use the Google search function at the bottom of the advanced page.

I can't provide a link to the above post as I'm not on the PC.
I think if you try to search for 3 or less it tells you it can't or won't (depending on the time of the month ;) ).

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
This has been my issue too...For months I'm trying to search for a thread of fella that was doing custom wheel lug nuts with plastic H on top of them. If anybody knows what im talking about can i please receive the link to that thread? [smilie=thatworks.g:

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts