2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The adjuster bar for my drivers seat has detached itself from the seat base again ☹ Is there a proper fix for this? I can get it to go back in with lots of swearing and fiddling about but after a couple of adjustments it comes away again. It’s alright for me as the seat is set where I want it, but worried it will be a fail come mot time if the seat won’t move ☹ Thanks in advance for any help 👍🏻

·
Super Moderator
2,512 Posts
How does it actually attach to the seat?
The parts diagram doesn't show any bolts or clips

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Using these latches, I’ve proper fallen out with the car today, there’s always something with it 😡

·
Super Moderator
2,512 Posts
Is it worth taking the passenger seat out and looking at how that one attaches, presuming that is working okay.
Is the lower arm in the picture bent downwards, or is it the photo angle?

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm just checked, the picture of the rail is the passenger side latch, the drivers side one looks to be a lot more open, going to find my big pliers out and squeeze it back together, fingers crossed it’s an easy fix 🤞🏻

·
Super Moderator
2,512 Posts
I’ve proper fallen out with the car today, there’s always something with it 😡
That's the joy of owning an older "classic" car.
You never know what the previous hamfisted twot has done to it.

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Feeling underneath there are two slots for the latch to go into, no matter which angle I try I can’t get it, looks like the seat needs to come out ☹

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So had the seat out and tried all different ways to get it to latch back in, no chance 😡 I’m proper stumped now, I’ve just set it as near as I can to my driving position using release handle on side of seat chucked the bar in the boot and leaving it at that ☹ Must remember not to let anybody in through the drivers side

·
Super Moderator
2,512 Posts
I never do, passenger side only
Mind you I have put little triangles of silver gaffer tape on the seat, seat back and the rail to line up my seating position.

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just been looking online @Wilmo its an Mot fail if you can’t adjust the drivers seat fore and aft if there is a mechanism to do so ☹

·
Super Moderator
2,512 Posts
Oh dear
But surely they must go back in, need to fiddle more.

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’ll have another look at the weekend, might take the seat out completely so I can turn it upside down and see what’s going off instead of just tilting it back while it’s in the car 👍🏻

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cracked it, after much fiddling it popped back into place 😂 I’m not moving it again ever 👍🏻 Ordering a replacement handle just in case as the latch part looks quite worn on mine so could be the culprit, happy newbie again now though 👍🏻

·
Super Moderator
2,512 Posts
Is that still available honda-parts-uk says it's not?

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’ve found one on eBay, brand new still in the box £15 👍🏻 Double checked the part number on Lings website and they want £58 but like you say out of stock

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New one arrived today, can see how much the old one was bent out of shape now, hopefully no more problems once it’s fitted 👍🏻

·
Super Moderator
2,512 Posts
previous owner must have been pretty ham fisted then, that was well wonky

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
previous owner must have been pretty ham fisted then, that was well wonky
I know, looks like they’d really ragged it about ☹ Glad I’ve managed to get a new one, fingers crossed it’ll sort it 🤞🏻

1 - 20 of 20 Posts