2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My first posting on this forum. It's a great site and it's pleasing to see that the level of debate is normally sensible and helpful.

Has anyone else experienced an irritating rattle from the button that is used to raise and lower the height of the seat belt in the front door pillars? It's not very loud, but because it's right by your ear it's damn annoying. My Honda Dealer (Yeomans, Bognor Regis) say thay can't do anything about it, and I've had no reply from Honda UK after e-mailing them on 19th January.

Jeremy B

·
Banned
477 Posts
I hear some tappings from the passenger side, but from the lower connection of the seatbelt. The end part where there is a plastic cover just before the bolting, it oscillates and hits the plastic of the seat. A small sponge or a sticky felt pad should do the remedy, though I have not tried yet.
But from the height adjustment, no noises...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi, My first posting on this forum. It's a great site and it's pleasing to see that the level of debate is normally sensible and helpful.

Has anyone else experienced an irritating rattle from the button that is used to raise and lower the height of the seat belt in the front door pillars? It's not very loud, but because it's right by your ear it's damn annoying. My Honda Dealer (Yeomans, Bognor Regis) say thay can't do anything about it, and I've had no reply from Honda UK after e-mailing them on 19th January.

Jeremy B
with you there on this one, in the lower position, no noise, in the upper position loads. You just have to be strangled in an accident if you are above 5foot 8inches. Another fault, i have let it go as in the lower position it doesn't make any noise.

·
Registered
172 Posts
had this fault too but in the grand scheme of all the other faults I have had I did not bother calling HCS to moan

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but I haven't experienced any problems like that yet.

I would suggest instead of sending them an email, (where they could say.. sorry never got it), send a letter via registered mail.

The amount of times I rang Honda Customer Services and send emails without any replies ... :mad:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes, I've had the exact same rattle for a long time now. My car has also now developed the filler cap problem & I had to put a litre of oil in (never had to do that before with a new car). However, as it will be due it's first service in April, I'm saving up the (relatively) minor niggles.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes I have had this. It has now been replaced by the dealer. At the end of the day it should not rattle, get your dealer to replace it under warranty. They know it is a problem on some cars. In fact....refer to my list of problems.....there are plenty of them!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes I have had this. It has now been replaced by the dealer. At the end of the day it should not rattle, get your dealer to replace it under warranty. They know it is a problem on some cars. In fact....refer to my list of problems.....there are plenty of them!

*Oops, sorry. Double post*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts