2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit surprised no one has complained about this one.

When hitting a bump in the road the (right; left for UK owners) seat belt's plastic clip hits the interior.

Rather annoying at most, potentially chipping the interior. Anyone noticed this?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
put it over the seat dude, it drives me up the wall too ha
Then it'll rub the seat causing a shiny patch after a while. I've ordered seat covers but they won't arrive for another month. I'll tape off the plastic clip with some black tape for now...

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Never had that problem on mine.

Ploy No2 though........

Get some heavy duty 2" wide sticky velcro and put the softer strip on the pillar where required.

This is what I've done with the rear seat belts to stop them tapping away at the hard plastic bit.

I've ordered seat covers
erm - not for the front seats I hope - I think they have an internal airbag which would be very dangerous if it ever deployed. I'm sure I've seen this warning in the manual somewhere as well?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Never had that problem on mine.

Ploy No2 though........

Get some heavy duty 2" wide sticky velcro and put the softer strip on the pillar where required.

This is what I've done with the rear seat belts to stop them tapping away at the hard plastic bit.

erm - not for the front seats I hope - I think they have an internal airbag which would be very dangerous if it ever deployed. I'm sure I've seen this warning in the manual somewhere as well?
When you drive faster through the bumps in the road, it doesn't happen because of the reduced sidewards motion (that's what I think:)). And perhaps the type R suspension is slightly firmer too causing me to slow down whereas you can hold your speed
Well yes, for the front seats. I know it is a bit of a risk, but not all cars have airbags so I suppose it's no more of a risk than driving a car without.

There are still plenty of airbags that can pop out:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you don't mind the airbags, i would ask the dealer to disconnect them.
Because the force of an airbag that pops out in a restricted way will find it's way... remember, an airbag is a bomb.
As long as there is a weak point, so you can predict the point where the airbag will explode it's ok, but if you restrict it....

I don't like the idea at all.

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Yeah......

I have noticed on several occasions that the seatbelt doesnt retract properly when a passenger exits the car.

It the starts knocking.....and you have to stop and adjust it.

A minor annoyance but can be a pain at times

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I have posted this one before, but anyway,----
B & Q sell 6mm diameter, domed, clear, soft plastic buffers which are intended for use on kitchen cupboards. ( pack of 10 about £1.10p.)
I have stuck a couple on each seat belt clip side. (that is- sticking them on the upper black plastic section, which holds the metal clip of the buckle).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts